British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   It's a Mystery -Unknown Insignia for Identification (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Here's a challenge (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69727)

ellisg1955 13-09-18 01:05 PM

Here's a challenge

7 Attachment(s)
Hi all, here's three that no one has been able to identify thusfar.

Hoping someone may have a clue. I thought maybe the first may be Russian but I haven't found it.

Cheers

PS just found another. Looks like tank corp?

leigh kitchen 13-09-18 01:07 PM

The third badge is upside down? The patent details on it could ID it "Pat July 6 1975"? (I'm not sure how it reads). Or is Pat for Pattern?

ellisg1955 14-09-18 11:58 AM

//The third badge is upside down? The patent details on it could ID it "Pat July 6 1975"? (I'm not sure how it reads). Or is Pat for Pattern?//

Hi Leigh, yes I spotted that. It reads Pat July 6. 1875

I tried googling that and it comes up with nothing useful.

It's a very odd one

grey_green_acorn 14-09-18 01:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Last one is Kuwait National Defence Force

Tim

leigh kitchen 14-09-18 02:27 PM

I hadn't seen that laste one - smoke and mirrors or me not scrolling down screen far enough?
I saw one of the Kuwaiti badges on offer a few days ago while I was searching for a UAE badge to go on a green beret that's lacking one.
I left the Kuwaiti one as I don't have a cap or beret for it.

ellisg1955 15-09-18 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grey_green_acorn (Post 454202)
Last one is Kuwait National Defence Force

Tim

Thanks Tim, appreciate that

ellisg1955 15-09-18 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leigh kitchen (Post 454206)
I hadn't seen that laste one - smoke and mirrors or me not scrolling down screen far enough?
I saw one of the Kuwaiti badges on offer a few days ago while I was searching for a UAE badge to go on a green beret that's lacking one.
I left the Kuwaiti one as I don't have a cap or beret for it.

Thanks Leigh. I added the last one later so that's why you hadn't seen it.

Thanks for that. I actually managed to track that one myself using the maker name on the clip. When I typed that into google the first one that came up was this badge. They probably have a limited range of badges.

Those other ones are still doing my head in ;)

MarkGD 15-09-18 11:35 AM

Hi, like the look of the first one, not Russian but possibly Ukraine. Did have a look online, but nothing jumped out although a few similiar. Cross is a feature of their medals, as is the centre screw attachment. somewhere to start? Regards Mark

ellisg1955 15-09-18 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkGD (Post 454281)
Hi, like the look of the first one, not Russian but possibly Ukraine. Did have a look online, but nothing jumped out although a few similiar. Cross is a feature of their medals, as is the centre screw attachment. somewhere to start? Regards Mark

Thanks Mark, will try that line of enquiry.

Cheers, Ellis