British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Topics (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Dealer Reccomendation (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1075)

LLWill 21-03-08 11:28 PM

Dealer Reccomendation

Mr Administrator:
I would like to recommend (and I hope others will support me) Jamie and Wayne Cline of Marway Militaria Inc. Winnipeg for inclusion on the Dealers list (site home page). I have dealt with them for many years and I have always found them to be knowledgeable, fair, honest and (to me) DANGEROUS (they have way to many nice things - I am so weak!!!). Anyway I think they should be included on the dealer list.
Thanks

bgpipes 22-03-08 12:08 AM

HERE! HERE!, I have known them a long time as well, fine folks they are!

guest_000 22-03-08 04:42 AM

Wayne Clline , I have known since 1970 and to this day can say never have had the honour to be associated with a more honourable honest straight up guy than Wayne.

Bantam 22-03-08 09:45 AM

Hi,
May I had my support also from this side of the Atlantic.I may get the sex wrong and the names muddled up but I can vouch as to their sincerity and honesty.
Regards
Bantam

Mike 22-03-08 02:18 PM

Endorsements accepted :) now added.

Dealer Links

Pylon1357 22-03-08 02:28 PM

Great to hear we have a Dealers List. It's always a good thing to know who is recommended. Now... for those of us who are rather poor at navigation (OK just for my sake) Where is the "Dealer List"?

marway_Jaime 23-03-08 05:44 PM

Geez Guys, thanks :o

Paulbear, don't forget you've known me since 1977 too!

You can find the list right on the home page near the bottom here is the link.
http://www.britishbadgeforum.com/

Jaime

Pylon1357 24-03-08 11:18 PM

LOL now that is funny, I don't recall ever seeing the homepage before.

I guess I am too focused on the discussion forums. Me thinks me needs to spend a little more time looking about here.

Many thanks for that Jamie.

Luke H 26-03-08 06:51 PM

Arctic Medals and Mike McMahon

Hello Admin,

I would like to recommend Mike McMahon of www.arcticmedals.com I have only ever had the most positive of dealings with him and have found him to be exceptionally reliable over the times I have purchased badges from him. All in all a good easy to deal with straight up guy. I'd also like to point out he has a no quibble returns policy which he always stands by if one is unsure of anything.

Thank you,

Luke

Mike 28-03-08 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paddy McGinty (Post 7003)
Hello Admin,

I would like to recommend Mike McMahon of www.arcticmedals.com
Thank you,

Luke

anyone else?

(PS post on British dealer moved to the British thread)

3748 Hussar 28-03-08 07:53 PM

5Dg Officers

Quote:

Originally Posted by Administrator (Post 7237)
anyone else?

(PS post on British dealer moved to the British thread)

After having a rec on the above dealer , I decided to look at his site. Correct me if Iam wrong 5DG Qvc officers badge. ?????????????? . Maybe just one that got through the net.

I look forward to views

3748 Hussar

Luke H 28-03-08 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3748 Hussar (Post 7240)
After having a rec on the above dealer , I decided to look at his site. Correct me if Iam wrong 5DG Qvc officers badge. ?????????????? . Maybe just one that got through the net.

I look forward to views

3748 Hussar

Hussar

The recommendation I made was a character reference, Mike McMahon's main business is medals pure and simple with badges being something he comes by on the side and as such is not an expert badge dealer. He does however get some very very good badges from time to time and sometimes at very reasonable prices. But like everything else its the luck of the draw... I had the nicest Leinster badge I've ever seen off him about 6 months ago for £25ish where else would you get that these days from someone who know's what it is?

That aside he is a very reasonable bloke a pleasure to deal with and will always give you a full refund if unhappy in any way. As for the badges on offer that's up to the individual to make their own minds up as I do admit that there are mistakes etc in his listings as well as restrikes, that aside he has had several sleepers listed on there over the years which I doubt you'd get elswhere.

And if you're keen to point out mistakes here's a pricing one for you a QVC home counties with a price of $40 Canadian (£20 if that) would you complain then? It's swings and roundabouts in this game and always a case of the buyer should know what their getting... if your not and unsure leave it be is the golden rule to avoid disappointment of any kind.

Luke

Britbadge 30-03-08 05:15 PM

One of The Few Good Guys on E-Bay

Mike's prices are very competative and what's more I have never had to send anything back. He has a great web page and a very good selection of listings. I buy with complete confidence in product and customer service. No doubt in my military mind....Mike McMahon, et al would be a STRONG asset to this Forum.....

Best regards,

Andrew

Adam H 30-03-08 10:32 PM

I would advocate an "all or none" policy with regards to listing dealers.

With the exception of dealers that openly only sell reproduction, I think that any online dealer should be listed. Individual badges can be discussed...and opinions on sellers can be discussed via PM.

Having read this, and other threads, I find myself agreeing with some comments on dealers, and completely disagreeing with others. This is my OPINION and based on my own dealings (in a very narrow field of collecting) with these sellers.

I feel a list based solely on recommendations is dangerous...members that have differing (ie. negative) views/experiences are less likely to voice these concerns publicly.

My 2 cents worth.

boots and saddles 31-03-08 02:06 AM

Recommend

Two that I would recommend is marway & Cris Brooker.
jamie knows me as poor mick.

Ray