British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   All other Colonial Badges (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Holy Grail Done..! (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66624)

Roy 16-02-18 09:32 PM

Holy Grail Done..!

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Chaps,

With the culmination of a mutually beneficial trade with a forum member (you know who you are), I was able to finally add a Holy Grail to my small collection - namely a Lumsden's Horse slouch hat badge (pic attached).

Due to this being an Anglo-India unit which served in South Africa during the Boer War, I thought I should place he here in the 'other' (Commonwealth badge) section as I couldn't decide between the three aforementioned countries.

What a cracker and I'm thrilled.

Cheerio,

Roy

grenadierguardsman 16-02-18 10:36 PM

Very nice Roy, chuffed for you.
Andy

Sonofacqms 16-02-18 11:13 PM

Holy grail . . !

Roy, nice you have got an item you have long sought after, if anyone has a silver/silver plated officers Cambridgeshire Regt cap badge with the S.A. Hons scroll I would be interested in an exchange.

Rob

Roy 17-02-18 02:11 PM

Thank you Gents,

Very kind indeed. Quite chuffed with this one.

Cheerio,

Roy

bottersnike 17-11-20 02:51 PM

If you ever ...

2 Attachment(s)
.. come across another, please bear me in mind.
I too have been searching for may years to complete a set in memory of my great uncle Arthur Thomas Hayward. As a signaller in the regular army stationed in India he was attached to Lumsden's Horse (and his QSA is engraved as such). Didn't get the KSA because he briefly went back to India so 1901 & 1902 are bars to the QSA.
I have 3 shoulder title but the other two had been wrongly polished up by previous owners so I've mounted the only blackened one. The photo is a clip form a portrait taken in Lucknow and pasted into his copy of the History of the Corps.

Mike B 19-11-20 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bottersnike (Post 529210)
.. come across another, please bear me in mind.
I too have been searching for may years to complete a set in memory of my great uncle Arthur Thomas Hayward. As a signaller in the regular army stationed in India he was attached to Lumsden's Horse (and his QSA is engraved as such). Didn't get the KSA because he briefly went back to India so 1901 & 1902 are bars to the QSA.
I have 3 shoulder title but the other two had been wrongly polished up by previous owners so I've mounted the only blackened one. The photo is a clip form a portrait taken in Lucknow and pasted into his copy of the History of the Corps.

Very nice - great family history

Mike B 19-11-20 06:15 PM

I was able to finally add a Holy Grail to my small collection - namely a Lumsden's Horse slouch hat badge (pic attached).

What a cracker and I'm thrilled.

Cheerio,

Roy[/QUOTE]

Lovely badge Roy - it looks to be a real 'quality' item

GriffMJ 19-11-20 06:43 PM

Congrats Roy..... proverbial hens tooth by the sound of it :)

Luke H 19-11-20 07:13 PM

Believe it was sold on a year or so ago with the rest of Roy’s beautiful Boer War badges.

Indeed a lovely badge.

My favourite was the French’s Scouts.

Roy 19-11-20 07:21 PM

Hi Gents,

Yes, very sadly had to part with all my badge collections some time back.

Slowly ticking over with my buttons and despatch rider collecting though, so down but not out.

Cheerio,
Roy