British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Formation Signs and Patches (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Medical cloth badge (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87156)

Badger44 03-11-21 10:41 AM

Medical cloth badge

1 Attachment(s)
I have just acquired this patch and it was offered as the 5th Medical Brigade badge. However, I cannot find anything online about the formation, nor confirmation that the badge does belong to this Brigade, if it exists.
Can anyone identify the patch for certain? I hope the combined knowledge of the forum may help.

49lassiepen 03-11-21 11:04 AM

5th medical brigade -One of 54 BTY ,Marc Sherriff wants list
If obtained from drop Zone Supplies not sure if this as issued or recent for collectors market Marc will know
Drop Zone Supplies looks printed ,54 Bty wants looks embroidered

Home Guard 03-11-21 04:12 PM

I too have bought this patch, and form what I have learned they are a new unit. There is also a subdued version, but has not been made available to sellers yet. But will be on the lookout for one.

Terry

Badger44 03-11-21 08:43 PM

Thanks for you comments, Yes I did buy it from Drop Zone Supplies so I shall look forward to Marc's comments if he sees the post. Perhaps he can tell me the differences if he feels this isn't the badge as worn.
It's good to see that it is the 5th Medical Brigade, as I was beginning to wonder whether that was correct.
I see that it is a new formation and that there is also a subdued version so I shall keep on the lookout for one of those, too.

Home Guard 04-11-21 04:41 AM

Badger,

If I find a source for the subdued version I'll let you know. I suspect it'll be along at some point.

Terry

54Bty 04-11-21 10:27 AM

Although this badge does exist in colour woven, and embroidered, also subdued woven. I have not been able to find any mention of the Brigade in the British Army ORBAT.
It is not listed on any MoD website, and so far the Army Medical Services have not heard of it. :(

Marc

mike_vee 04-11-21 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 54Bty (Post 563976)
Although this badge does exist in colour woven, and embroidered, also subdued woven. I have not been able to find any mention of the Brigade in the British Army ORBAT.
It is not listed on any MoD website, and so far the Army Medical Services have not heard of it. :(

Marc

The badge looks more like the ambulance/paramedic/medical tech insignia.

49lassiepen 04-11-21 10:56 AM

Marc many thanks
David

Badger44 04-11-21 11:22 AM

Many thanks for all the comments. I also couldn't find anything on line for this formation. All it came up with was 5th Arm'd Medical Regt RAMC but there is no mention of a badge for them.
Hopefully the mystery may be solved as to what it is!!

leigh kitchen 04-11-21 11:49 AM

The badge is being sold on ebay as "5th Medical Brigade".
I've asked a seller what reference has provided that identification.

mike_vee 04-11-21 12:47 PM

3 Attachment(s)
The badge looks like a cross between a 2nd Medical Brigade insignia and a civilian paramedic one.

I wondered if it was connected to military MERT/Paramedic but the ones helping the NHS were wearing their standard ones.

grey_green_acorn 07-01-22 08:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Seen today on BBC news worn by personnel arriving to provide support at NHS Aberdeen Royal Infirmary.

Tim

CAM 07-01-22 08:43 PM

interesting.

engr9266 07-01-22 10:07 PM

On the Army website - ARMY MEDICAL SERVICE
5 ARMOURED MEDICAL REGIMENT
5 Armoured Medical Regiment is to prepare, maintain and when ordered, deploy medical capability at graduated readiness in order to contribute to the Land Component capability. As part of 101 Logistics Brigade, the Regiment provides support to 1 Armoured Infantry Brigade from their base in Catterick Garrison, North Yorkshire.

Home Guard 07-01-22 11:03 PM

This is all great news I think. Wonder just how any were made?

Tim, Really GREAT seeing a picture of one being worn.

As Marc said, I too have seen a picture of an embroidered one, and I ordered it as well as the two woven versions. But what arrived was another woven one, and in looking, the listing picture had changed???

Terry