British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Topics. (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Cloth Beret Badge Project Images (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36162)

Snowdrop 68 23-11-13 11:05 PM

Cloth Beret Badge Project Images

Hi Guys,

I have begun to put together a pamphlet type brochure on cloth beret badges and I am looking for pictures for it. These are badges worn by OR's, not the Wire embroidered ones. Typical example is the RLC beret badge worn in the 90s.

I have about 15 at the minute but I know there are lots more out there. If anyone has any photos or scans they can send me drop me a line and I'll send you my email address. I'd prefer high res scans or photos but will take anything at this stage.

Hopefully I'll be able to put together a decent little reference on this often forgotten area of badge collecting.

many thanks in advance,

Bill

ASR142 23-11-13 11:23 PM

Hi Bill
When you say cloth beret badges do you mean bullion / silver wire examples ? steve

Snowdrop 68 23-11-13 11:35 PM

Hi Steve,

No sorry, should have said these are not the officer versions but ORs. If one was worn by both then I'll include it.

Thanks again, Bill

norfolk regt man 23-11-13 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snowdrop 68 (Post 240147)
Hi Guys,

I have begun to put together a pamphlet type brochure on cloth beret badges and I am looking for pictures for it. These are badges worn by OR's, not the Wire embroidered ones. Typical example is the RLC beret badge worn in the 90s.

I have about 15 at the minute but I know there are lots more out there. If anyone has any photos or scans they can send me drop me a line and I'll send you my email address. I'd prefer high res scans or photos but will take anything at this stage.

Hopefully I'll be able to put together a decent little reference on this often forgotten area of badge collecting.

many thanks in advance,

Bill

bill, are doing CCF/ACF aswell:)

Snowdrop 68 24-11-13 12:00 AM

NRM, yes I will include them too

Bill

Mike_2817 24-11-13 03:36 PM

I have images of all the known (by me at least) of the RLC Cloth Beret Badges on my web page

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/mike.co...RLC_Part1a.htm

You are wellcome to use the images

Snowdrop 68 24-11-13 04:35 PM

Mike, thanks a lot for the use of these, they will be added with credit to yourself.

Regards,

Bill

Mike_2817 24-11-13 05:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
There is also a Round RLC Cloth Badge used by the ACF in Shopshire at one time

Snowdrop 68 24-11-13 05:23 PM

Thanks Mike,

I'll try and contact the ACF HQ for that area and see if I can find out anything.

Cheers, Bill

Mike_2817 24-11-13 05:40 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I obtained this one from the Trench Detachment (Donnington) which used to be badged RAOC before 1993 (there is a round RAOC cloth badge as well)

In wear, note also Blue on Red 'Shopshire ACF Title, and also the LI badge in the background!

AI's always wore an Annodised or Metal Cap Badge by the way.

When seen at the RLC Open Day in May 2012, they had changed to wearing the RLC Metal Cap Badge.

Shopshire ACF has QRH, RA, SG, LI (now Rifles), WFR, R Sigs, RLC & RMLY badged detachments, but I do not know how many wore cloth badges.

rockape560 24-11-13 09:11 PM

2 Attachment(s)
hi bill,

heres a cpl of badges from my very small collection that you can use if you want

the rct is 50x50mm and the re is 48x48mm

it was my understanding both were for all ranks during op banner but looking at the albums i may have to revise that

anyway if they can help please use them

philip

badger123 24-11-13 10:23 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Mercian Regt and WFR both worn by cadets in B Coy Notts ACF (and Derbys ACF too).

Ivan

Madziro 25-11-13 10:35 AM

6 Attachment(s)
Have the following scans if they are of use.

engr9266 25-11-13 11:10 AM

9 Attachment(s)
Here are a selection of Royal Engineer bullion badges SORRY DID NOT READ THREAD CORRECTLY

engr9266 25-11-13 11:14 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Royal Horse Artillery SORRY DID NOT READ THREAD CORRECTLY BUT last one is OR's