British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Anodised Aluminium Badges (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   A/A First aid instructor badge (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71972)

JON188 01-02-19 10:34 PM

A/A First aid instructor badge

1 Attachment(s)
Gents,
What arm of service wore this please?
KR
JonAttachment 200967

leigh kitchen 02-02-19 04:37 AM

For some reason the First Aid Instructor's badge worn upper right arm (and introduced 1962?) has the "Instructor" scroll as part of the design of the anodised aluminium version although the cloth versions don't, it's not specific to a particular unit.

Mike H 02-02-19 06:58 AM

Theres a gold and silver versions also one with an error "intructor" i think.

grey_green_acorn 02-02-19 08:40 AM

Regimental Medical Assistant

1 Attachment(s)
Some cloth and metal examples. The silver anodised version was intended for Light Infantry warm weather dress.

The small gm version bottom row centre is a cut-down RAMC cap badge!

Tim

grey_green_acorn 02-02-19 08:42 AM

Regimental Medical Assistant

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike H (Post 467437)
Theres a gold and silver versions also one with an error "intructor" i think.

The INSTUCTOR version - so much for quality control!

Tim

leigh kitchen 02-02-19 09:10 AM

Is it known if the "INSTUCTOR" version exists only in gold a/a?
I'd never seen an example of that badge in gilding metal before by the way.

Mike H 02-02-19 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leigh kitchen (Post 467449)
Is it known if the "INTRUCTOR' version exists only in gold a/a?
I'd never seen an example of that badge in gilding metal before by the way.

I don't recall ,I don't have any notes on a/a trades so I cant help sorry. Perhaps Bess or Bobanodised may know .

As far as im aware there isn't a Rifles cloth version of the first aid badge yet,but no doubt one will appear in the future.

54Bty 02-02-19 12:55 PM

The mistake is INSTUCTOR.

https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/fo...ictureid=20112

Marc

leigh kitchen 02-02-19 01:01 PM

My mitake.

JON188 02-02-19 01:02 PM

Thanks everyone. He was me thinking i may have found something unusual!

54Bty 02-02-19 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JON188 (Post 467478)
Thanks everyone. He was me thinking i may have found something unusual!

These badges were unusual at one time, however recently a number of the once not seen anodised aluminium badges have surfaced.

The cloth version was for Regimental Medical Assistant, which have now been reborn as Combat Medical Technician (Paramedic).

Marc

bess55 02-02-19 02:04 PM

And just for completeness - early examples are seeded on the scroll.

engr9266 03-02-19 07:26 AM

Checked mine and it is the INSTUCTOR version with seeded scroll in gold anodised.

sailorbear 03-02-19 04:52 PM

[QUOTE=54Bty;467481]These badges were unusual at one time, however recently a number of the once not seen anodised aluminium badges have surfaced.

The cloth version was for Regimental Medical Assistant, which have now been reborn as Combat Medical Technician (Paramedic).

Marc[/QUOTE

J
Hi Marc, For the he sake of accuracy the Regimental Medical Assistant qualification was renamed Regimental Combat Medical Technician and is done as an adqual post phase two training with the training revamped and upgraded but does not equate to the RMAC Combat Medical Technician which is a far far longer course and completed as phase two trade training, Unfortunately neither qualification is recognised as being equivalent to or qualifying as a paramedic (which requires the completion of a paramedical science degree)

in my time in the army the cloth badge was issued to non RMAC soldiers of lance corporal and above and worn above the rank chevrons, Unit First Aid Instructor wore the same badge but on the cuff and did not require to be medics to qualify, at least that's how it was in the Infantry when I was an RMA class 2.

Regards

Tony

54Bty 03-02-19 05:57 PM

Thank you for the clarification, my wording was taken from the Army Dress Committee decision that authorised the change of use.

Marc