British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cavalry, Yeomanry, Tank/RAC Badges (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Royal Gloucestershire Hussars (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85926)

Luke H 05-08-21 11:39 AM

Royal Gloucestershire Hussars

2 Attachment(s)
Unexpectedly received this badge last week. It is a collar badge which has been converted with the addition of a improvised slider.

Are any members aware of collars being worn on caps or berets in the Royal Gloucestershire Hussars?

Frank Kelley 05-08-21 01:51 PM

Not aware, but, from the photograph I would think you say with a degree of certainty that some members of the regiment actually did.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luke H (Post 556191)
Unexpectedly received this badge last week. It is a collar badge which has been converted with the addition of a improvised slider.

Are any members aware of collars being worn on caps or berets in the Royal Gloucestershire Hussars?

tonyb 05-08-21 02:02 PM

Seen one in a publication attached to a khaki side cap will have a look later , to confirm, when home from work.
Tony.

Nozzer 05-08-21 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyb (Post 556202)
Seen one in a publication attached to a khaki side cap will have a look later , to confirm, when home from work.
Tony.

"Military Collectables An International Directory of Twentieth Century Militaria"

It does have a couple of obvious errors though, one being a Kriegsmarine Coastal artillery officer cap described as a "Peaked cap of a General Officer, Wehrmacht".

Luke H 05-08-21 09:25 PM

Thanks look forward to seeing it.

tonyb 06-08-21 04:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nozzer (Post 556203)
"Military Collectables An International Directory of Twentieth Century Militaria"

It does have a couple of obvious errors though, one being a Kriegsmarine Coastal artillery officer cap described as a "Peaked cap of a General Officer, Wehrmacht".

Thats the one!
The cap described as distinguishable by Regimental badge and buttons.
Tony.

leigh kitchen 06-08-21 08:49 AM

I visited Joe Lyndhurst's collection once, "The Warnham War Museum" in Sussex.
Would've been in the early 80's I think.
He died about 20 years ago, I think the collection was dispersed before that.
Other than my copy of "Military Collectables", a common enough book, the last one I saw in the flesh was being drooled over by a Swedish copper in Bosnia years ago.
As has been said, there are inaccuracies in the book but it's well worth a read just to look at all those badges, medals, bayonets, helmets, firearms..........

Neil s 15-08-21 12:03 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I thought this to be possibly home guard but no idea really
Attachment 255832Attachment 255833