British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Topics. (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Royal Mail delivery delays.. (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78823)

Khyber 20-05-20 02:54 PM

Royal Mail delivery delays..

Hi all. I'm aware mail delivery is being delayed within UK but how bad is it?
I have one medal sent by 2nd Class tracked postage last week on May 13 but it has not been delivered though the distance is only 200 kms.
Another badge sent on May 15 to an address only 40 kms away has also not arrived. Also no updates on tracker except to say accepted at xx post office and will be updated on delivery.
Should I be worried? Funnily mail sent to me from Scotland has already arrived in Bangalore this week!
Thanks

MH331 20-05-20 03:11 PM

Royal Mail 2nd signed for is taking between a few days and a month in my experience.

Chipper 20-05-20 03:12 PM

Hi Khyber, I wouldn't be too worried yet, I sent 2 packages to London from France in the last 6 weeks, one took a month, one took 3 days. Luck of the draw these days I think.

Cheers, Tim

Khyber 20-05-20 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MH331 (Post 510206)
Royal Mail 2nd signed for is taking between a few days and a month in my experience.

OMG..hope it doesn't take a month but again I guess I'll be happy as long as it arrives safely.
Thanks

sapper533 20-05-20 03:19 PM

I sent packages from Athens to UK on 28 April and they have only just arrived. Greek post stayed due to reduced flights.

mike_vee 20-05-20 05:08 PM

Quote from a couple of days ago :

"NB. Postal deliveries have been hit and miss , second class post arriving in 24 hours but some first class post taking 10-14 days ! Have only had 1 lot go missing but got refund from seller. "

tarabelle 20-05-20 11:40 PM

Hey :)

A friend of mines said theres a few things going on. Local offices have reduced staff and.at the same.time.the service is experiencing demand cos of a massive increase in parcels like its Christmas but without the seasonal staff but they're trying to.prioritise parcels over packets cos that's where management sees the competition might get an edge on RM

T X

slick_mick 20-05-20 11:50 PM

Same issues in Australia.

Australia Post advised that cancelled flights, social distancing requirements and massive parcel volumes (due to a massive uplift in online shopping) have led to significant domestic and international delivery delays.

Still awaiting a package from UK posted in early March yet also had mail from Canberra to Sydney in arrive in only 1.5 days!

Mick

cbuehler 21-05-20 12:41 AM

Similar situation with the USPS here in the States. I ceased to order anything international at the end of March. Still wonder when the situation will normalize.

CB

slick_mick 21-05-20 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbuehler (Post 510241)
Similar situation with the USPS here in the States. I ceased to order anything international at the end of March. Still wonder when the situation will normalize.

CB

I think international postage won't go back to normal until more planes are in the air.

Mick

Drummajor 21-05-20 01:17 AM

I had a packet posted from UK on 17th March, it arrived at Gatwick Airport on the 19th of March, it did not leave Gatwick until 28th of April. It traveled via Kuala Lumpur and arrived in Sydney on the 10th of May and was delivered to me in Tasmania on the 19th of May. So long delays, hope it improves soon.

Phil.

Frank Kelley 21-05-20 06:42 AM

I received an item posted on Tuesday this week, yesterday, however, international mail is another issue altogether, I suppose the lack of flights being the main problem, I would not worry if I were you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Khyber (Post 510205)
Hi all. I'm aware mail delivery is being delayed within UK but how bad is it?
I have one medal sent by 2nd Class tracked postage last week on May 13 but it has not been delivered though the distance is only 200 kms.
Another badge sent on May 15 to an address only 40 kms away has also not arrived. Also no updates on tracker except to say accepted at xx post office and will be updated on delivery.
Should I be worried? Funnily mail sent to me from Scotland has already arrived in Bangalore this week!
Thanks

Alan O 21-05-20 10:37 AM

I am still waiting from a parcel from Canada after 7 weeks whilst US purchase arrived in 2.

MarkGD 21-05-20 11:38 AM

Just to add to the mix, item posted in Aus on the 07May arrived today in the UK, so 14 days all in. Regards Mark

Charliedog012012 21-05-20 12:24 PM

I ordered 2 items in the middle of April. I put both orders in around 4 o’clock in the afternoon. The first was sent by 2nd class mail and arrived about 10 o’ clock the following morning. The other was sent first class.....35 days and still waiting!
Cannot say anything against Royal Mail since they have been fantastic throughout this lockdown and the postmen do anything they can to help. Happy to ‘go with the flow’.