British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Military Buttons (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Few RAF A/A KC (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72030)

Tigerlily 06-02-19 05:37 PM

Few RAF A/A KC

3 Attachment(s)
Maybe not the most exciting thing in the world, but I bought a £2 bag of A/A RAF buttons, cos they were sitting there in the antique shop looking a bit lonely, and I found a few little Gaunt KC's amongst them. Which was nice. Then I took pity on a little GS button sweetheart for the same price. Like I say definitely not the most exciting piece of militaria/button news but I thought I'd share anyway. Its been a quiet day.

MarkGD 06-02-19 08:46 PM

Nice pick up, well done you. Regards Mark

leigh kitchen 06-02-19 09:07 PM

Yes, carrying out your scorched earth policy around our flat bad lands, leave something for the rest of us.

54Bty 07-02-19 02:55 PM

Buttons possibly used as 'Cuff Links'.

Marc

leigh kitchen 07-02-19 02:58 PM

Strange that they're anodised aluminium buttons though?
Then again, convenient that they don't need Brasso-ing.
I have similar arrangements but they're "proper metal" Worcester's and ASC ones.

Snowdrop 68 08-02-19 03:46 PM

If they are the small sized ones, with that fitting, may have been used on Mess Dress as I have QC ones on mine. :)

Bill

Tigerlily 08-02-19 04:46 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by leigh kitchen (Post 468025)
I have similar arrangements but they're "proper metal" Worcester's and ASC ones.

I assumed, that they are not terribly common. About to put some of the QC ones on of my coats that has some missing military style buttons, waste not, want not and all that malarkey.
Plenty of stuff around our way Leigh, it's just I only do pocket money prices these days, which actually works out quite well as I seem to find some nice things that fit into my pocket money remit. Did I tell you about my new Queens Regt ice bucket? Thing of beauty and only £12, goes with my others nicely.

Thank you for the info Bill, I was eyeing up a mess jacket today but I decided to behave and leave it alone

leigh kitchen 08-02-19 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leigh kitchen (Post 468025)

Now I've taken the time to have a closer look I see that the RAF buttons are merely fastened together by split rings - I was thinking they were linked by a more permanent arrangement.

Spend less on the booze, spend more on the badges Lil.
I still think that's a nice little filigree silver RF sweetheart you picked up.

Tigerlily 08-02-19 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leigh kitchen (Post 468177)
Now I've taken the time to have a closer look I see that the RAF buttons are merely fastened together by split rings - I was thinking they were linked by a more permanent arrangement.

Spend less on the booze, spend more on the badges Lil.
I still think that's a nice little filigree silver RF sweetheart you picked up.

I've not touched a drop since the beginning of January! Stlll loads of Champagne hanging around untouched.
Yep that filigree is lovely, was a really good find. Still none the wiser on its origin sadly.

Frank Kelley 09-02-19 09:18 AM

:eek:!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tigerlily (Post 468192)
I've not touched a drop since the beginning of January! Stlll loads of Champagne hanging around untouched.

Tigerlily 09-02-19 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Kelley (Post 468246)
:eek:!

I know, should be a law against that sort of thing. In truth its a combo of being a bit busy, boringly sensible and hitting the gym so alcohol seems counterintuitive.

Frank Kelley 09-02-19 01:56 PM

"Dry January" has certainly increased in overall popularity over recent years!

Tigerlily 09-02-19 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Kelley (Post 468282)
"Dry January" has certainly increased in overall popularity over recent years!

Wasn't intentional, I'm not one for jumping on those sort of things just coinceded. Problem is I daren't drink cos I'm not eating much, I'll fall over!

Frank Kelley 09-02-19 05:51 PM

Not eating much, also very popular in January!:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tigerlily (Post 468302)
Wasn't intentional, I'm not one for jumping on those sort of things just coinceded. Problem is I daren't drink cos I'm not eating much, I'll fall over!

Tigerlily 10-02-19 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Kelley (Post 468304)
Not eating much, also very popular in January!:D

Very true! I just had a bit of a head start, on Christmas Eve I was in the gym at 6.30am, I've gone wrong somewhere!