British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Foreign Badges and Insignia (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Soviet insignia (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67167)

fearnaught 26-03-18 07:20 PM

Soviet insignia

1 Attachment(s)
Hi, I would like to know what the two left hand badges are, thanks in advance, Mike

fearnaught 26-03-18 07:23 PM

soviet insignia

1 Attachment(s)
Hi, I would like to know what this strange badge is, thanks in advance Mike

fearnaught 26-03-18 07:32 PM

soviet insignia

1 Attachment(s)
Hi, last of soviet queries, any idea what these epaulettes are? thanks in advance Mike

Unknownsoldier 26-03-18 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fearnaught (Post 439187)
Hi, I would like to know what the two left hand badges are, thanks in advance, Mike

Top left looks like the early bullion NKVD arm badge.

gpag2 26-03-18 08:13 PM

Skull and crossed swords - insignia of the Kornilov shock regiment.

Regards
Gary

fearnaught 26-03-18 09:42 PM

Hi, thanks for the information. I assume the Kornilov badge must be a repro, I don't think it is 100 years old!!! maybe 10. Thanks again to both of you, best wishes Mike

Staffsyeoman 27-03-18 08:04 AM

The patch bottom left is the Russian Air Force arm patch. (Same as the Soviet but minus the white hammer and sickle on the red star)

Arnhemjim 27-03-18 03:19 PM

Soviet Insignia

In the first set of badges you show, believe the diamond shaped badge in the lower right is associated with the VDV (Vozdushno-Desantnaya-Voyska), Soviet Airborne Assault Forces.
Arnhem Jim
Arizona Territory

fearnaught 27-03-18 06:23 PM

Hi, thank you all for your help, all I need now is an identification of the epaulettes, thanks again Mike

fearnaught 08-04-18 02:14 PM

Hi, I think they maybe Soviet forestry dept., can anyone confirm? Thanks in advance Mike

ColdWar_Conan 07-02-19 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fearnaught (Post 439192)
Hi, last of soviet queries, any idea what these epaulettes are? thanks in advance Mike

They are either warrant officer or lieutenant general, given the arrangement of the two stars. Not sure which though. Sorry, but it's a hard one to id

fearnaught 07-02-19 04:57 PM

Hi Conan, thank you very much, can you confirm the forestry identification, best wishes Mike

ColdWar_Conan 08-02-19 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fearnaught (Post 468040)
Hi Conan, thank you very much, can you confirm the forestry identification, best wishes Mike

I don't believe so, as far as I can see, the Soviet Ministry of Forestry wore no uniform. The shape of that epaulettes shows that it is for everyday/combat use (not formal or parade). I recognise the badge at the top, I'm just trying to find out what it is now.