British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Anodised Aluminium Badges (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   Time to look in your spares box !! (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41447)

Peter Brydon 30-08-14 10:10 AM

Time to look in your spares box !!

http://www.regimentalbadges.com/roya...6#.VAGiwWF0wb0

P.B.

arrestingu 30-08-14 11:02 AM

......BLIMY :eek:

Mike H 30-08-14 11:41 AM

I think somebodys had a moment with the decimal points. Sixty five maybe more plausible.

Peter Brydon 30-08-14 11:47 AM

Well the description does say:

A god scarce anodised glengarry badge on loops circa 1953-59 only

So perhaps there are a couple of errors in the listing ?

P.B.

Sonofacqms 30-08-14 12:01 PM

Heavens above . . !

Whatever price would something really scarce sell for?

Rob

Mike H 30-08-14 12:04 PM

Its not the scarcest badge ,the kc version is pretty scarce. But its the same old adage "Right place,right time,right price". But in the case of this badge its "wrong price"

hagwalther 31-08-14 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonofacqms (Post 275471)
Whatever price would something really scarce sell for?

Rob

Hi Rob,

Some A/A badges are now selling for well over 500 GBP. What one has to remember is that some anodised cap badges are very rare indeed. I know of a few pieces where only one or possibly two examples are known in the world so one can surmise that collectors will pay even more for these pieces.

The information on what is a rare A/A cap badge is now freely available although of this exclusive group some A/A badges are certainly 'more equal' than others.

Regards

Chris

manchesters 01-09-14 08:27 AM

Chris,

Not my era but would be fascinated to know which are the rarest top 10?

regards

Wmr-RHB 01-09-14 08:40 AM

The price is now £65,00, but it is still "god".

Maybe P.B. could change the first post here in documenting what he saw. As it is now, newcomers to this thread will not understand what some people where so amazed about ;)

Peter Brydon 01-09-14 08:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks Wmr-RHB,

I did think that members looking at the thread for the first time might wonder what it was all about without knowing that the price of £6,500 has now been changed to £65.

This is my scarcest anodised the "large" rocking horse made for Liverpool University OTC. It is the only one I have ever seen.

P.B.

Wmr-RHB 01-09-14 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Brydon (Post 275716)
This is my scarcest anodised the "large" rocking horse made for Liverpool University OTC. It is the only one I have ever seen.

P.B.

Nice and shining. Be careful with it, you never know if you need some cash when reaching later phases in your life.

hagwalther 01-09-14 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manchesters (Post 275711)
Chris,

Not my era but would be fascinated to know which are the rarest top 10?

regards

Hi Simon,

Crikey - quite subjective I suppose but how about this short list:

1. Edinburgh University Training Corps (TA) - Recently discovered - one only.

2. Cambridge University OTC - this has a Tudor Crown - one only.

3. A genuine HLI Tudor (there are no genuine QC although I do have an unfinished prototype item) - two only.

4. Clifton College CCF, Bristol - one only.

5. Malay Regiment - two only.

6. 302nd (Pembroke Yeomanry) Field Regiment, RA (TA) [Large]

7. Royal Pioneer Corps [Tudor]

8. 286th (Hertfordshire Yeomanry) Medium Regiment, RA (TA)

9. 299th (Berkshire Yeomanry) Field Regiment, RA (TA) - the cap badge in gold not the silver arm badge.

10. ‘Q’ (Queen’s Own Oxfordshire Hussars) Battery, 299th Field Regiment, RA (TA)

11. Boys Company, Brigade of Gurkhas

12. The Queen’s Own Gurkha Transport Regiment - 'Queen's Own' scroll

13. Intelligence Corps [Tudor]

14. St. Benedict’s School, Ealing CCF - Recently discovered - one only.

15. ‘P’ (Buckinghamshire Hussars Yeomanry) Battery, 299th (Royal Buckinghamshire Yeomanry) Field Regiment, RA (TA)

Many of those listed above are only counted in terms of individual or pairs of badges.

Edinburgh University Training Corps (TA) not yet found in doco and CCF badges are always a problem to 100% know what they are about. Rest are recorded in official doco.

Obviously, other readers would disagree with this off the cuff list.

Simon, I do rate each badge on a rarity scale of A, B or C in my book if interested.

Regards

Chris

Mike H 01-09-14 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Brydon (Post 275716)
Thanks Wmr-RHB,

I did think that members looking at the thread for the first time might wonder what it was all about without knowing that the price of £6,500 has now been changed to £65.

P.B.

I know of two Peter.

Peter Brydon 01-09-14 11:39 AM

Mike,

I have to ask- including mine or in addition to mine ?

Peter

Mike H 01-09-14 12:05 PM

Chris do you not mean Glasgow and Oxford ?
Id have on mine :-
4th QOH
S.Lancs beret
Inns of Court rgt
Liverpool UOTC large
Millfield School
MillHill School
Staffs Yeo kc

Thats off the top of my head .