British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Headdress (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Kakhi beret Green patch (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88757)

Trubia26 03-03-22 08:43 PM

Kakhi beret Green patch

2 Attachment(s)
Hello! I am sure I saw a thread talking about this question...but now I can't find It!
Well...I have seen this pictures of a kakhi beret with Green patch and a REME badge on It...I thought this beret is used by Yorkshire, Mercían and Royal Welsh...but now I am wondering...How many regiments use this beret? Thank you!
Attachment 264929

Attachment 264930

bobanodised 03-03-22 08:56 PM

REME

He's attached to them. If you look up Army Air Corps pictures you will see them with blue beret and badge backing

Alan O 04-03-22 09:44 AM

He is serving in their LAD. It's commonly done usually with upto 3 items of the regiments insignia. However have known REME officers fully dressed in cavalry barrack dress with just the cap badge and REME title!

Ex Supt Clk RAOC 04-03-22 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trubia26 (Post 574234)
Hello! I am sure I saw a thread talking about this question...but now I can't find It!
Well...I have seen this pictures of a kakhi beret with Green patch and a REME badge on It...I thought this beret is used by Yorkshire, Mercían and Royal Welsh...but now I am wondering...How many regiments use this beret? Thank you!
Attachment 264929

Attachment 264930

Trubia,

If you are asking (which i believe you are) which other Regiments wear a Khaki beret then to my knowledge the Guards (GREN GDS, COLDM GDS, SG, IG, WG) as well as the Royal Anglian Regiment do so as well. I have no knowledge of the green patch so can not comment on that.
Steve

mike_vee 04-03-22 10:44 AM

Found this :

Quote:

The Khaki Beret is worn by the Scots Guards, Irish Guards, Grenadier Guards, Coldstream Guards, Welsh Guards, Honourable Artillery Company, 4/73 Special OP Battery (RA), Royal Gibralter Regiment, Yorkshire Regiment, Duke of Lancasters Regiment, Royal Welsh, Royal Anglian Regiment and Princess of Wales Royal Regiment, also attached arms to these regiments often wear the Khaki Beret.

Trubia26 04-03-22 02:15 PM

Thanks to all of you! My question was about the kakhi beret with Green patch (owned by Mercían, Yorks and Royal Welsh if I am not wrong) now I know that if you are from another Arm (REME in this picture) and you serve with a particular Regiment, you wear their beret but with your own badge...right?

Ex Supt Clk RAOC 04-03-22 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trubia26 (Post 574283)
Thanks to all of you! My question was about the kakhi beret with Green patch (owned by Mercían, Yorks and Royal Welsh if I am not wrong) now I know that if you are from another Arm (REME in this picture) and you serve with a particular Regiment, you wear their beret but with your own badge...right?

Yes, correct. Attached personnel wear their own cap badge.

Trubia26 04-03-22 03:59 PM

Great, I understand now...Thank you very much again for your help!!!