British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   All other Colonial Badges (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   King's African Rifles badges help (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69142)

sapper533 06-08-18 07:25 PM

King's African Rifles badges help

1 Attachment(s)
Hi folks

Sorting out my colonial badges and I came across these which I could do with some help.

1. Is a standard cap badge size KAR KC badge but in orrible cast tin/ aluminium is this right or is it another crap Pakistani fake?

2 and 3 are collar dog size but with pin fitting as opposed to lugs, are this for wear on the Fez?

4 is a lovely hallmarked silver collar sized badge lugs north and south, is there any way of knowing if this is an officers collar badge or beret badge?

Cheers
Sean

sapper533 06-08-18 07:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The rear

Frank Kelley 11-08-18 05:27 AM

4 would be an officer's collar, the beret badges had east/west lugs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sapper533 (Post 450681)
Hi folks

Sorting out my colonial badges and I came across these which I could do with some help.

1. Is a standard cap badge size KAR KC badge but in orrible cast tin/ aluminium is this right or is it another crap Pakistani fake?

2 and 3 are collar dog size but with pin fitting as opposed to lugs, are this for wear on the Fez?

4 is a lovely hallmarked silver collar sized badge lugs north and south, is there any way of knowing if this is an officers collar badge or beret badge?

Cheers
Sean

sapper533 11-08-18 08:17 AM

Oh.....its just that I have a similar silver officers badge without the number In the centre which has east and west lugs but the bugle faces the wrong way so that must be a collar badge .......but with east and west lugs?
Cheers
Sean

Frank Kelley 11-08-18 03:10 PM

That would rather odd, perhaps you could post a photograph please?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sapper533 (Post 451104)
Oh.....its just that I have a similar silver officers badge without the number In the centre which has east and west lugs but the bugle faces the wrong way so that must be a collar badge .......but with east and west lugs?
Cheers
Sean

sapper533 11-08-18 07:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Front of the badge with bugle facing left, so the opposite direction to the cap badge.

sapper533 11-08-18 07:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Rear of the badge with lugs east and west
Cheers
Sean

Frank Kelley 12-08-18 07:57 AM

How strange.

sapper533 12-08-18 07:59 AM

That's what made me assume No4 was a beret badge and not a collar badge, but to be honest these are the only two I have held so nothing else to compare hence referral to the experts.
Cheers
Sean

Flatdog 14-08-18 04:01 AM

Guy's,

Lugs for the Light Infantry ( bugle) pattern badges are in those positions (E-W) merely are for the strength of the lugs, as one can see it's a flimsy badge. I have a pair of collars with the lugs N-S and to place on uniform, would bend at the centre no matter how careful you are, the strings are a weak point.

Clay