British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Infantry (& Guards) Badges (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Queens Westminster Rifles query (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77845)

Mike H 19-03-20 07:03 PM

Queens Westminster Rifles query

I have a couple of querys :-

What pouch badge was worn after the amalgamation with the Civil Service Rifles ?

The crowned double shield that was worn on the cap boss,does it come with a QC or was the KC retained ?

Many thanks

magpie 19-03-20 07:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
It's a badge that looks like the gurkha type crown and feathers, the shoulder belt has a large version of the double shield cap badge, I'm sure Wilf will fill you in better.

Mike H 19-03-20 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magpie (Post 503310)
It's a badge that looks like the gurkha type crown and feathers, the shoulder belt has a large version of the double shield cap badge, I'm sure Wilf will fill you in better.

Looks like a 2nd Gurkha badge. Is it on screw posts ?

magpie 19-03-20 07:35 PM

Yes but the belt badges have been altered, this lot came with brand new buttons as a group that was split but I was lucky enough to reunite a couple of months later, wilf has the badges in situ on the belt.

Mike H 19-03-20 08:02 PM

Thanks.
I have seen a QC black brass cap badge with a QC lower crown and an image from the Rifles museum of a silver QC Crossbelt badge but a KC lower crown. Makes me think it's had the crown doctored.

orasot 19-03-20 08:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Mike,
Here’s my QW&CSR case from the MHS exhibition, I know of 2 QC badges but haven’t got one yet mate!!!
Wilf

magpie 19-03-20 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike H (Post 503318)
Thanks.
I have seen a QC black brass cap badge with a QC lower crown and an image from the Rifles museum of a silver QC Crossbelt badge but a KC lower crown. Makes me think it's had the crown doctored.

My have been altered for the coronation, I read somewhere they only decided on the new crown about a month before if I remember correctly.

magpie 19-03-20 08:36 PM

For anyone not knowing, Wilf has a fantastic collection to the Queens Westminster'.

Mike H 19-03-20 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orasot (Post 503319)
Mike,
Here’s my QW&CSR case from the MHS exhibition, I know of 2 QC badges but haven’t got one yet mate!!!
Wilf

Stunning Wilf,thank you for sharing it. Is the cord boss badge a KC or QC ? Is the pouch badge on screw posts Wilf ?

Mike H 19-03-20 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magpie (Post 503321)
My have been altered for the coronation, I read somewhere they only decided on the new crown about a month before if I remember correctly.

I think the item is a presentation piece. The image I have of the coronation marching party shows a KC on the crossbelt.

Keith Blakeman 19-03-20 09:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by orasot (Post 503319)
Mike,
Wilf

Presumably this is one of them.

orasot 19-03-20 10:44 PM

Yes mate :D

Fatherofthree 19-03-20 11:01 PM

Oh Keith, you are a little teaser.

You know he's been after on for many a long year and now you have gone and wound him up again................shame on you. :D:D:D

Having said that, yours is the only one I've seen....................keep it safe my friend.:)

Regards.

Brian