British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Schools, OTC and Cadets (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Berkhampstead School (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73943)

Terry Rayner 28-05-19 01:28 PM

Berkhampstead School

Hello Troops
Can any one put a photo up, of the Berkhampstead school. There are a couple on eBay, but they are not the same badge.
Thanks.

Alan O 28-05-19 02:48 PM

https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/fo...7&d=1342023336

Terry

They wore the old RVC badge.

Ebay ones are usually the slightly different design of 1908 Yeomanry ones or the Herts & Beds yeo fake long antlered deer badges that were not worn by post Ww2 Yeomanry ORs but are widely faked.

I have yet to find one myself so it's on my 'wants' list.

Terry Rayner 29-05-19 12:54 AM

Many thanks Alan for your help. I have bought the badge on ebay through a reputable dealer, so thanks again.
Regards Terry

Alan O 29-05-19 06:25 AM

if you can post an image I am happy to ID it for you.

Terry Rayner 29-05-19 07:07 AM

Alan, the badge I bought is the same one as in your photo, with the s/titles.
I don't know how to put a photo up on the forum, sorry.
Regards Terry

orasot 08-06-19 11:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
As an added extra, here’s the new arm badge for the school CCF, about to be re badged to Welsh Guards too!!
Wilf

Guzzman 08-06-19 01:19 PM

Berkhampstead School

As an Old Berkhamstedian and a former member of the CCF it's really interesting to see this thread. And it's nice to see Berkhamsted spelt as 'Berkhampstead' - the way I (as a child) and many other people still used to spell it in the 1960s. There have apparently been hundreds of ways of spelling it over the years!

Pete

Hoot 03-07-19 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orasot (Post 480573)
As an added extra, here’s the new arm badge for the school CCF, about to be re badged to Welsh Guards too!!
Wilf

:confused::confused::confused:

rmarsden 04-07-19 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guzzman (Post 480582)
As an Old Berkhamstedian and a former member of the CCF it's really interesting to see this thread. And it's nice to see Berkhamsted spelt as 'Berkhampstead' - the way I (as a child) and many other people still used to spell it in the 1960s. There have apparently been hundreds of ways of spelling it over the years!

Pete

I’ve only ever known it as Berko.

Guzzman 05-07-19 06:31 PM

Berkhampstead School

Berko is what everyone calls the town. I'm a real Berko boy! Family lived there for generations - though technically we lived in Northchurch. None left there now - except for the ones buried there! Would love to live there again but just couldn't afford it - not a cheap place to buy a house.

Former boys of Berkhamsted School are known as 'Old Berkhamstedians'. I was there in the days before it combined with the Girls School.

Haven't been back for a few years. It's about time I did again.

Pete

Fatherofthree 05-07-19 10:38 PM

Former boys of Berkhamsted School are known as 'Old Berkhamstedians'. I was there in the days before it combined with the Girls School.
Pete[/QUOTE]

Bit of a mouthful, but far better than 'Old Berks'

It is a lovely town though.

Regards.

norfolk regt man 09-07-19 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orasot (Post 480573)
Wilf

Nice looking cloth badge

orasot 25-01-20 08:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Just for Pete, the school under a lovely sunrise earlier this week,
Wilf

Guzzman 25-01-20 01:08 PM

Thanks Wilf!

Very much appreciated. Still miss the old place - the town AND the school!

Pete

Nozzer 25-01-20 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orasot (Post 498295)
Just for Pete, the school under a lovely sunrise earlier this week,
Wilf

Great picture Wilf :) Perhaps we could do a few pictures of these old schools as they are now?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guzzman (Post 482970)
Former boys of Berkhamsted School are known as 'Old Berkhamstedians'

Us old boys from Richard hale (Hertford Grammar School) are known as "old Hertfordians"

What are other former pupils from Hertfordshire schools that had OTC's called out of interest?