British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Infantry (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Yorkton Regiment Badges & Information (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82412)

Noiseboyz3 23-12-20 05:12 PM

Yorkton Regiment Badges & Information

15 Attachment(s)
My small collection of officers and other ranks badges. Any opinions, information, etc. about these badges and The Yorkton Regiment in general would be greatly appreciated.

Paul

Wmr-RHB 23-12-20 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noiseboyz3 (Post 532993)
Any information ...... about The Yorkton Regiment in general would be greatly appreciated.
Paul

When you mean this including lineage, I can offer you this: The Yorkton Regiment

BTW, what about the drilled holes in the first badge? Vandalism?

Bill A 23-12-20 07:44 PM

Hello Paul, The badge with the drilled holes appears to be an officer's badge that has lost the overlay or the overlay was never applied.
Not sure exactly what you mean by information? About the badges or the regiment?

Noiseboyz3 24-12-20 12:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmr-RHB (Post 533018)
When you mean this including lineage, I can offer you this: The Yorkton Regiment

BTW, what about the drilled holes in the first badge? Vandalism?

The drilled holes are for mounting a silver overlay.

Thank you for the lineage reference.

Noiseboyz3 24-12-20 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill A (Post 533022)
Hello Paul, The badge with the drilled holes appears to be an officer's badge that has lost the overlay or the overlay was never applied.
Not sure exactly what you mean by information? About the badges or the regiment?

Information about both the Regiment and it’s badges. As far as the drilled holes go this is the information supplied by the seller:

1926 era, Yorkton Regiment, OFFICER'S, Cap Badge. Dull Gold Gilt, two small holes for Overlay, but no overlay (Many years ago I was told that when the Officer's of the Regiment obtained their badges that there where more badges than Officer's so they removed the overlays from some and they issued these to senior NCO'S, I have never seen this in writing just going by what I was told, I have seen the Officer's badge with the overlay, also brass issue for the men) Makers mark, J.R. GAUNT/MONTREAL/MADE IN ENGLAND. Lug fasteners. Beautiful badge and in excellent condition. Mazeas M158a.

Wmr-RHB 24-12-20 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noiseboyz3 (Post 533043)
The drilled holes are for mounting a silver overlay.

Ah, I see, nice result when complete.

GregN 24-12-20 07:35 PM

Very nice badges Paul, thanks for showing them. I have seen an officers badge with the silver overlay but I couldn't reconcile the price and decided to pass on it. PM me if you want the name of the dealer as I believe it is still available.

Regards,

Greg

Noiseboyz3 28-01-21 04:59 AM

Officers’ Frosted Silver Cap Badge and Collar Dog

2 Attachment(s)
Attachment 240005Attachment 240001Two new Yorkton Regiment additions. Gilt and frosted silver.Attachment 240001

Attachment 240002