British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off topic (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Moving to the Rockies (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70474)

Roy 30-10-18 06:50 PM

Moving to the Rockies

3 Attachment(s)
Hi Gents,

For those of you who know me and/or are interested, I thought I would share some news. My wife and I are leaving New Mexico and will be care-taking an incredible lake-side property in the Vega State park high up (8,000 feet) in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado.

Heading there in about two weeks. I'm reasonably confidence the internet signal will be fine.

We are so far out of town there is no mail.:eek: so will have to head into town once a week. No doubt I will have to develop just a little more patience for my incoming buttons.

A couple of pics to share.

Cheerio,

Roy

irish 30-10-18 07:09 PM

Looks wonderful, I am sure you will struggle through. A great place for contemplation.

My wife and I have discussed fire lookout stations out west. 5 months out of the year you are up in lookout. Groceries etc are brought too you.

It appeals to us for the peace and quiet. After long careers in sales it is just what we need.

Jack

Luke H 30-10-18 07:15 PM

Looks absolutely amazing. Best of luck with the move Roy!

Cheers,
Luke

Roy 30-10-18 07:22 PM

Thanks Chaps,

It looks like it will be bit of an adventure. But we are excited at the opportunity.

We are heading up right in time for the snow, so will have to tog up..:eek:

Cheerio,

Roy

dubaiguy 30-10-18 07:24 PM

Hope the top floor windows open so you can get out after the first snowfall.
Enjoy your new adventure Roy.
Mark

grenadierguardsman 30-10-18 07:34 PM

Good luck Roy, that place looks amazing.
Andy

Tinto 30-10-18 07:51 PM

Looks good, Roy.
All the Best for your move.
John

PS Don't get cabin fever.

Drmiggy 30-10-18 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roy (Post 458384)
Hi Gents,

For those of you who know me and/or are interested, I thought I would share some news. My wife and I are leaving New Mexico and will be care-taking an incredible lake-side property in the Vega State park high up (8,000 feet) in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado.

Heading there in about two weeks. I'm reasonably confidence the internet signal will be fine.

We are so far out of town there is no mail.:eek: so will have to head into town once a week. No doubt I will have to develop just a little more patience for my incoming buttons.

A couple of pics to share.

Cheerio,

Roy

Roy may I wish a safe journey and a happy life. It looks just idyllic.

Regards Ian

MarkGD 30-10-18 08:09 PM

Wonderful looking place Roy, enjoy, best regards

Ironside410 30-10-18 10:30 PM

Very nice Roy, looks like I will have to rug up well and truly next time I visit if its in the winter

All the best with the venture.

Dennis

Roy 30-10-18 10:36 PM

Thanks Guys,

Yes Dennis you certainly will.

We have lived up in the Rockies before, so it's not a total unknown. Although this location is a little higher up and more remote, so we are mentally preparing for an 'adventure'.

Luckily I have a large garage for my Triumph but I'm not expected to get as much riding in as I was hoping. But who knows a nice sunny day and I could take a turn around the lake..:)

I might even give 'ice' fishing a go, no what's something I haven't tried before.

Cheerio,

Roy

Khyber 31-10-18 04:00 AM

Good luck, Roy
Looks like a lovely place, I must say, if a bit remote.
Have fun!

Sunil

badgecollector 01-11-18 02:20 AM

you do get about Roy
looks amazing.
all the best mate
bc

Cribyn 01-11-18 08:41 AM

Very nice, Roy.

I love the view of the lake through the trees but I wonder how long they will stay standing! A few feet of snow and you may need to get your chainsaw out and have those trees down for fuel - I take it that you have a log burner for heating etc! Can't imagine that you are on mains gas or even electricity?

Roger

arrestingu 01-11-18 10:39 AM

Your a lucky man Roy !!! I am sure you will enjoy every bit of it !!
Have fun and stay safe !!!
Steve