British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Anodised Aluminium Badges (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   Sheffield UNI OTC - G S TYE maker (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93565)

bess55 12-05-23 02:04 PM

Sheffield UNI OTC - G S TYE maker

3 Attachment(s)
Chaps,
What is a relatively uncommon maker for Sheffield University OTC - made by G S TYE.

Badge attached with the white plastic backing disc which came with it - a recent find.

For interests sake - a known maker for this badge, but not one frequently seen.

Bess

Ex Supt Clk RAOC 12-05-23 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bess55 (Post 602605)
Chaps,
What is a relatively uncommon maker for Sheffield University OTC - made by G S TYE.

Badge attached with the white plastic backing disc which came with it - a recent find.

For interests sake - a known maker for this badge, but not one frequently seen.

Bess

Bess, Nice find, yours is only the 2nd i have seen. I found mine on e bay three years ago and snapped it up for just £4.
Steve

bess55 13-05-23 09:47 AM

Good work Steve, it's not one that I have come across for Sheffield OTC. TYE made badges are fairly few and far between on the best of days.

Ex Supt Clk RAOC 13-05-23 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bess55 (Post 602681)
Good work Steve, it's not one that I have come across for Sheffield OTC. TYE made badges are fairly few and far between on the best of days.

Yes, as i am sure you are aware and according to 'No Bull' by Chris Marsh there are four. East Anglian Bde, Home Counties Bde, Edinburgh OTC and Sheffield OTC. I am still looking out for the East Anglian Bde to complete my set.

Regards
Steve

49lassiepen 13-05-23 08:47 PM

Steve 3rd one in my album university O T C anodised

Mike H 14-05-23 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ex Supt Clk RAOC (Post 602686)
Yes, as i am sure you are aware and according to 'No Bull' by Chris Marsh there are four. East Anglian Bde, Home Counties Bde, Edinburgh OTC and Sheffield OTC. I am still looking out for the East Anglian Bde to complete my set.

Regards
Steve

i believe and im not 100% on this but the Edinburgh KC could well be a Tye badge too. Good luck finding one of those.

William 14-05-23 01:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike H (Post 602736)
i believe and im not 100% on this but the Edinburgh KC could well be a Tye badge too. Good luck finding one of those.

Here's a Timings version of a KC Edinburgh University OTC in AA. Would love to see a Tye version.

All the best

William

Mike H 14-05-23 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by William (Post 602744)
Here's a Timings version of a KC Edinburgh University OTC in AA. Would love to see a Tye version.

All the best

William

My error,i was sure that the KC was marked i just got the wrong maker.