British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forum Operation (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   Changes to the Forum? (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61118)

Jackhr 20-04-17 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike (Post 402006)
What issues?

If I log in and go to new posts I get 245 of them every time I log in so I go to quick link and todays post and view them that way but I miss out on yesterdays posts.

ubervamp 20-04-17 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackhr (Post 402021)
If I log in and go to new posts I get 245 of them every time I log in so I go to quick link and todays post and view them that way but I miss out on yesterdays posts.

I also had 245 new posts, so opened 5 random posts, logged off, logged on again and it now shows 240 new posts with the 5 I opened removed. Seems about right?
Thats was using Chrome on a Samsung Galaxy tablet.

Shame about the lightbox feature being an issue. It worked fine for me so I'm sorry to see it go, but if its causing problems for members I guess it had to be changed.

Colin

Jelly Terror 21-04-17 12:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Mike,

In view of the fact that the 'Thank You' button has been given early retirement, could we perhaps replace it with say a big, red 'FFS' button instead, please? :D:D

.................................................. .................................................. .....Attachment 168997

You'd better make it 'weapons-grade'... I'm sure it'll get plenty of use!

Phil2M 21-04-17 12:14 AM

HA!!!

Mike 21-04-17 09:20 AM

I've found a setting that will limit by time the number of threads in the 'new posts' list. It is now set down to '1 day'

Not what we want to achieve exactly but it will make the 'new posts' list look like the 'today's posts' list

I'll ask about this problem elsewhere anyway. The new update definitely did include changes to this feature of the forum.

Tigerlily 26-04-17 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jelly Terror (Post 402136)
Mike,

In view of the fact that the 'Thank You' button has been given early retirement, could we perhaps replace it with say a big, red 'FFS' button instead, please? :D:D

.................................................. .................................................. .....Attachment 168997

You'd better make it 'weapons-grade'... I'm sure it'll get plenty of use!

Haaa, haaa, yes please!! :D:D

Jelly Terror 26-04-17 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tigerlily (Post 403019)
Haaa, haaa, yes please!! :D:D

You can now no longer choose NOT to thank somebody ;):D

Tigerlily 26-04-17 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jelly Terror (Post 403020)
You can now no longer choose NOT to thank somebody ;):D

Thats true :eek: well, I come back and this has happened, for goodness sake, can't leave you lot for 5 minutes and someone broke the forum.