British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   It's a Mystery -Unknown Insignia for Identification (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   For identification and then for sale (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77375)

billy 16-02-20 06:41 PM

For identification and then for sale

5 Attachment(s)
Hi any ideas on these please, am happy to move on if anyone interested, but for curiosity sake would like too know?

1st all the white squares, remind me off cigarette silks?
2nd - Tactic Force, the 15th Service Btn. and the SVC BN? (Service Battalion)
What could be a Belgium or French Epaulette Medic and Blue circle wire emblem which could be Medical?
Yellow Liver bird? German naval badge upside down, just noticed, and Polish subdued packet had £20 on it ??? There is what appears to be an American three stripes with winged Seahorse???
3rd - Epaulets Dutch Air Force Pakistan?? and Police/Customs still in packet and can't read it??
4th - Australian Cadets (figured this out myself!!) Irony! Any use to anyone have other stuff, if anyone collects Russian??

All the best billy

54Bty 16-02-20 06:49 PM

I may be interested in the Russian stuff, depending on what it is.

Marc

cavalryman 16-02-20 07:03 PM

Hi Billy, The SVC BN is Canadian. regards John

slick_mick 16-02-20 09:04 PM

The 15th National Service Battalion flash is Australian - circa 1950s. Worth around $15-20.

The Cadet corps blue patches are also Australian. Worth about $10 each.

Regards,

Mick

billy 16-02-20 10:52 PM

Thanks Mick appreciate the help, billy

Lancer 17 17-02-20 02:38 AM

Hi billy, pm sent.

Regards Phil.

Wmr-RHB 17-02-20 09:52 AM

The ones with the wreath, sword and crown are rank badges for "Brigadier" (police sergeant) of the Netherlands Police (current).

And the text of the package reads:
POLITIE
Korps Landelijke politiediensten
SCHUIFP. GEBORDUURD HOOFDAGENT

Translation:
Police
Corps of National Police Services
SLIPOVER WORSTED CHIEF CONSTABLE

billy 17-02-20 10:06 AM

11 Attachment(s)
Thanks Henk, quite a mixture here then!

Here are better pictures now its daylight, Russian badges for attention of Marc, the German Naval badge correct way up! Liver bird (what it resembles) Fighter Sqn of some sort???, the Tactic Shoulder who and what ? The Seahorse with wings and rank chevrons has to be American and guessing Naval Seals??? Clarification would be nice, and a better picture of the Polish Reconnaissance Drone badge, I have the Canadian Service Battalion along with this other badge presumably they go together?? And the Medical badges would imagine the wire on blue symbol is medical?

Wound Stripes 1st WW these are Green to which country are they for? Austrian Pilots badge, all the best billy

leigh kitchen 17-02-20 10:44 AM

I've seen the small green chevrons labelled as Army Cadet insignia indicating attendance at annual camp, but can add no more.

oc14 17-02-20 11:11 AM

The Green service chevrons are Army Cadet Force and worn point uppermost. They were still being worn in Lincolnshire ACF as recently as 2005 !

PL

billy 17-02-20 12:08 PM

For WW1 have only ever seen the Blue and Red types, photographed as were found, not my area of collecting so may be good for anothers? Thanks

billy 17-02-20 12:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Marc more Russian for you!

mike_vee 17-02-20 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billy (Post 500631)
And the Medical badges would imagine the wire on blue symbol is medical?

The 3 stripes and Caduceus - US Navy :

MC E-3 COMBO RATE: HOSPITALMAN ON GREEN
  • Worn on the Marine Corps Green Uniform

https://www.vanguardmil.com/products...alman-on-green

billy 17-02-20 01:54 PM

Thanks Mike would the Blue cloth Circle and Gold Wire be Medical and for this also?

mike_vee 17-02-20 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billy (Post 500651)
Thanks Mike would the Blue cloth Circle and Gold Wire be Medical and for this also?

It appears to be medical (basic shape of winged staff), possibly U.S. Army Medical Corps ?