British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Anodised Aluminium Badges (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   Anodised Aluminium Cap Badge Book (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28471)

hagwalther 18-11-12 08:01 PM

Anodised Aluminium Cap Badge Book

Hi Guys,

Just a quick up date on the book.

I have knocked up a quick web site and Mike has kindly given me permission to post the site link here on the forum.

I believe the 'Example Pages' page will be the most interesting to members

The status of the book is that it has been accepted by the printers and proofs are currently in transit to me. I hope to take orders and begin sales early in 2013.

The web site is at:

www.aacapbadges.com

Regards

Chris

alan g 18-11-12 08:08 PM

Thanks for the update chris looking forward to seeing it in the flesh
Regards
Alan

Charlie585 18-11-12 08:08 PM

--

grenadierguardsman 18-11-12 08:21 PM

Looks really good, can`t wait to get one.
Andy

David Tremain 19-11-12 05:04 PM

Wow Chris, this looks great! It'll certainly be on my list of books to buy. Will you be taking orders, or will it be available through amazon etc?

David

matti467 19-11-12 06:43 PM

fab looking book and even more fab to be quoted. Plays to my vanity Chris, thank you!
Matti

hagwalther 19-11-12 06:53 PM

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the comments.

I hope that the book will go down well. There will be disagreements with some parts of it I am sure but it will at least get people thinking and that will be the main thing.

David - will be taking orders when the book arrives from the printers hopefully via the Order Form page when I get it up and running:

http://www.aacapbadges.com/order.html

No thoughts of selling on via third parties.

Matti - I think you get a couple of mentions in the book. You may be in the Confusion of Cadets chapter too re: The York and Lancaster Regiment cap badge.

Regards

Chris

guest123a 26-11-12 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hagwalther (Post 190302)
Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the comments.

I hope that the book will go down well. There will be disagreements with some parts of it I am sure but it will at least get people thinking and that will be the main thing.

David - will be taking orders when the book arrives from the printers hopefully via the Order Form page when I get it up and running:

http://www.aacapbadges.com/order.html

No thoughts of selling on via third parties.

Matti - I think you get a couple of mentions in the book. You may be in the Confusion of Cadets chapter too re: The York and Lancaster Regiment cap badge.

Regards

Chris

Looking like a great book, I look forwards to you being able to confirm the publishing date and the cost.

Cheers,

Marcus

hagwalther 07-01-13 06:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Guys,

Advance copies have now arrived - all looks good!!!

Case on the left with book on the right.

Mills bomb for scale.

That reminds me - must take the fuze out when I get a mo.

Regards

Chris

2747andy 07-01-13 07:21 AM

Chris,
both look "Explosive", I cannot wait to browse the pages!

Andy

guest123a 07-01-13 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hagwalther (Post 195774)
Hi Guys,

Advance copies have now arrived - all looks good!!!

Case on the left with book on the right.

Mills bomb for scale.

That reminds me - must take the fuze out when I get a mo.

Regards

Chris

Chris,

Looking great, another step in the right direction, most pleased to hear that you are happy with advance copies and looking forwards to the buy it now going active.

Cheers,

Marcus

54Bty 17-01-13 07:56 PM

My copy of the book arrived this morning and I managed to get a quick look at it this afternoon. I personally think it is a great piece of work and should be of enormous help to collectors of badges both anodised aluminium and metal. When you get your copy put a weekend to one side to read it as it is large and full of detailed information. The images are extremely good. I will go so far as to say a must for your book shelf. :D

Marc :) :)

GriffMJ 17-01-13 08:19 PM

ETA on extra copies? ...... waiting to hit the "Buy Now" :)

hagwalther 17-01-13 09:00 PM

Thanks Marc - very kind of you.

Griff - shippers have just told me that they anticipate delivery to me here in New Zealand during the second week of February.

Regards

Chris

ukbrits 18-01-13 09:29 PM

My copy arrived yesterday too. The book is factual and I'm sure has taken many 1000's hours of research. Information within this book has been backed up with references from offical documentation.
The plates (pictures ) are AWESOME - these are the best pics you will find in any British Military cap badge reference book.
The pictures show actual genuine common and some unseen super scarce anodised aluminium cap badges.
You will never need another a/a cap badge reference book after puttng this 653 page monster on your book shelf.
Well done Chris ( Hagwalther)

Regards
Colin