British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Anodised Aluminium Badges (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   Poll - Hagwalthers A/A badge book - Any Interest In A Possible Purchase? (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10848)

hagwalther 28-05-10 07:54 AM

Poll - Hagwalthers A/A badge book - Any Interest In A Possible Purchase?

Hi Guys,

I have no idea what the book will cost but it should be a pretty substantial item on a subject not really done before. It will be hardcover and cover a full range of subjects - see:

http://www.britishbadgeforum.com/for...ad.php?t=10837

The book is aimed at collectors and not military historians as such but hopefully many will find something of interest.

Regards

Chris

Mike_2817 29-05-10 09:49 PM

Any idea of probable cost yet?

Would not a softcover be more economical considering a lot of copies will be mailed from New Zealand to the UK & USA?

hagwalther 29-05-10 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike_2817 (Post 70885)
Any idea of probable cost yet?

Would not a softcover be more economical considering a lot of copies will be mailed from New Zealand to the UK & USA?

Hi Mike,

Hardcover and softcover postage would be the same as the difference in weight/size does not affect the posting parameters of New Zealand post. There is also the possibility of posting in bulk multiple copies to save posting costs too but I have to again look into that.

Printing of a hardcover book is slightly more but you need a hardcover with this many pages or the book will look like a tatty copy of yellow pages after a year or so.

I'm also thinking of having say, 100 copies printed with a cardboard sleeve. Such packages are very common in German combat badge books and I always purchase this sort of item when I add to my TR library.

Again, this all costs but personally I find them well worth the extra price and they even seem to increase in value over the years.

I think that at the end of the day no collector will be financially compromised by such a purchase but of course, time will tell.

Regards

Chris

Unknownsoldier 29-05-10 10:37 PM

I personally would go for the cardboard sleeved copy :D I loike it because it keeps my post it's tidily inside :D

Tom

Mike_2817 29-05-10 11:01 PM

Sounds OK to me Chris and good point about larger books, I just asked to see what feedback resulted.

KLR 30-05-10 02:22 PM

AA badges are generally too modern for me and there are only nine (cap badges) worn by the King's which would therefore be of interest to me.
BUT
what I have learnt from Chris and what I've been priveleged to see leaves me in no doubt that this is a superb piece of scholarship. I look forward to reading the whole thing - sleeved or not !

hagwalther 30-05-10 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KLR (Post 70923)
AA badges are generally too modern for me and there are only nine (cap badges) worn by the King's which would therefore be of interest to me.
BUT
what I have learnt from Chris and what I've been priveleged to see leaves me in no doubt that this is a superb piece of scholarship. I look forward to reading the whole thing - sleeved or not !

Thanks KLR!!!

I think the first bit of advice on references that you gave me has helped immensely in the books production - Thanks!!!

Regards

Chris

GriffMJ 31-05-10 11:09 AM

Chris

Put me down for a hardcover :D You have my details ..... when its comes time for payment just email me and I will sort it out via PayPal etc

William 31-05-10 02:50 PM

Hi Chris,

It looks as though you have 49 'definites' from this website.

I'd be grateful to purchase one and pleased to bring yr total of prospective purchasers to 50!

Best rgds

hagwalther 31-05-10 08:03 PM

Thanks Guys,

All very kind of you!!!

Regards

Chris

chris cunniffe 01-06-10 04:10 PM

yes i would like to buy when it comes out chris

highlandas 02-06-10 04:15 AM

I generally collect Cdn badges, however have a number from your side of the pond. I will be interested in cost. Need to try and keep up with the knowledge of all Commonwealth badges just to keep up with you fine people.
Chris
williamcwarnick@cogeco.ca

GriffMJ 03-06-10 10:57 AM

Chris

can you look at this thread please:-

http://www.britishbadgeforum.com/for...ad.php?t=10939

I think it needs your thoughts?

davec2 03-06-10 02:20 PM

Hi Griff,

I've just replied to the other post......

[ Hi Griff,

I can't help with the question but I will point out that ' Gold Anodised ' does not necessarily mean Aluminium !

Metal, other than Aluminium, badges are also ' Anodised '.

Dave. ]

Hope this helps ????

Dave. :cool:

2747andy 03-06-10 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davec2 (Post 71299)
Hi Griff,

I've just replied to the other post......

[ Hi Griff,

I can't help with the question but I will point out that ' Gold Anodised ' does not necessarily mean Aluminium !

Metal, other than Aluminium, badges are also ' Anodised '.

Dave. ]

Hope this helps ????

Dave. :cool:

Dave,
when K&K state anodised the mean A/A.. they have made mistakes which have been continued into PTs paperback! Looking forward to Hags' Bible..

Andy