British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Royal Flying Corps and Royal Air Force (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   RAF Badge ID (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71465)

Tigerlily 03-01-19 06:21 PM

RAF Badge ID

2 Attachment(s)
Can I have a bit of help id'ing this little beauty please, is it an arm badge? FSC badge? Same thing?
Also I'm in need of a decent RAF badge reference book, Malcolm Hobarts book has mixed reviews, but is it worth picking up a copy regardless?
Many thanks
Alli

leigh kitchen 03-01-19 06:38 PM

Officers FSC badge?
I have a spare copy of the MHS's RAF Centenary "Formation Sign" you can have (I over-estimated relative's interest in their old service).

Tigerlily 03-01-19 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leigh kitchen (Post 464239)
Officers FSC badge?
I have a spare copy of the MHS's RAF Centenary "Formation Sign" you can have (I over-estimated relative's interest in their old service).

Ooh yes please fus, that would be great, much appreciated.

engr9266 03-01-19 06:58 PM

Ali, try this site - Uniforms and Insignia of the British Air Force.

Jerry

Tigerlily 03-01-19 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by engr9266 (Post 464248)
Ali, try this site - Uniforms and Insignia of the British Air Force.

Jerry

Hi, hope you had a good holibob, I will check that out, thank you.

leigh kitchen 03-01-19 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tigerlily (Post 464245)
Ooh yes please fus, that would be great, much appreciated.

Er, consider it interest for the loan of the long overdue for return "Stand To!" magazines. I'll even pay postage.

Tigerlily 03-01-19 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leigh kitchen (Post 464251)
Er, consider it interest for the loan of the long overdue for return "Stand To!" magazines. I'll even pay postage.

You probably shouldn't have reminded me about those...

Frank Kelley 03-01-19 08:01 PM

To see screw post and wire together is unusual, but, they tend to be all blades or screw post, of course, a marriage might simply have taken place at some point, no matter!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tigerlily (Post 464232)
Can I have a bit of help id'ing this little beauty please, is it an arm badge? FSC badge? Same thing?
Also I'm in need of a decent RAF badge reference book, Malcolm Hobarts book has mixed reviews, but is it worth picking up a copy regardless?
Many thanks
Alli

Tigerlily 03-01-19 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Kelley (Post 464265)
To see screw post and wire together is unusual, but, they tend to be all blades or screw post, of course, a marriage might simply have taken place at some point, no matter!

Interesting to know. Thank you.
I'm pretty happy with it, bought it boxed together with a KC cap badge for £10, today has been a good militaria finding day.