British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off topic (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Worl Cup Rugby (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75611)

billy 19-10-19 07:18 AM

World Cup Rugby

Good luck England fans be nice to see all home nations make it through!!! Hopefully Ireland and Wales can do it also??

mike_vee 19-10-19 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billy (Post 490231)
Good luck England fans be nice to see all home nations make it through!!! Hopefully Ireland and Wales can do it also??

Have Scotland gained independence ? :confused:

billy 19-10-19 09:10 AM

Scotland Knocked out already! Ireland next :o England through with a Quality Win! can we follow?

mike_vee 19-10-19 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billy (Post 490235)
Scotland Knocked out already! Ireland next :o England through with a Quality Win! can we follow?

Sorry , just joking. Thought that as they didn't get the result they wanted they would have gone to court to get a re-run ! :D

Great win for England , Ireland not looking good , definitely cheering Wales on tomorrow.

Hoping Japan do well . ;)

Alex Rice 26-10-19 11:41 AM

Here's to a Springboks - England final!! :D

akiko 26-10-19 10:36 PM

I hope Wales get through.

England is coached by an Aussie. While his record with the Wallabies was mixed, he had to follow in the very big boots of Rod McQueen who had an 80% win in tests.
Watching Jones coach was like watching Campese play — it was going to be either brilliant or a fail. There seemed to be no in-betweens.
He coached the Wallabies to runners up in 2003 in the World Cup, one Tri-Nations series and three runners up, the Cook Cup and most importantly two Bledisloe Cup wins.

Jones is the master of upsets and yesterday proved that once again with an outstanding victory over the AB's. His victory against the Wallabies not so much as they were never in the hunt. Sadly with the state of administration in rugby union here, they will stay as a second rate team until they go back to concentrating on rugby.

Will England win it? Who knows but the way they're playing and with the master of upsets coaching them, I think they'll be really hard to stop.

Alex Rice 27-10-19 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Rice (Post 490739)
Here's to a Springboks - England final!! :D

Sorry Akiko :D:D:D:D
Go Springboks!!!
Though they need to do a bit better if they want to beat England, who are looking fantastic!

Traist 27-10-19 04:00 PM

Go Springboks:D:D:D:D

akiko 27-10-19 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Rice (Post 490807)
Sorry Akiko :D:D:D:D
Go Springboks!!!
Though they need to do a bit better if they want to beat England, who are looking fantastic!

It was a good close game and stats were very close and someone has to win eventually. I'm not a betting man but my money would be on the Pommies (the old enemy).
I think it will be one hell of a final but before that, the game between the Kiwi's and the Taffy's will be very interesting. The All Blacks history shows they bounce back with a vengeance.

Also, Aussie netball won it's seventh Constellation Cup in a row on the weekend. That's the three series between Australian and NZ every year. Since it's inception in 2010 the Kiwi's have only won it once. It's our form of payback because we can't play rugby anymore. ;)

mike_vee 02-11-19 01:22 PM

Congratulations to the Springboks , the best team won.

Also , Japan deserve a lot of credit for staging a first class tournament in difficult circumstances.

Alex Rice 03-11-19 07:40 AM

Go Bokke!!! :D:D:D
Feeling a little tender this morning...

Guzzman 04-11-19 03:13 PM

World Cup Rugby

Well done the Springboks! It was a good game - and South Africa deserved to win. They were obviously the better side. I think England peaked against the All Blacks!

Pete