British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Infantry (& Guards) Badges (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Who are these people? (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72110)

mtrpltpara 09-02-19 11:46 PM

Who are these people?

Look at the bidding on this Howe badge, can you believe it?
One like this can be got for peanuts, are people crazy?
Item number 323674439328, on ebay, sorry can't provide a link. The other RND fakes are also being bid on. Scrap metal like these being described as original WW1 infuriates me.
Badge sold for £31, the winning bidder really wanted this, topping up his bid four times. So who are these people bidding, a few minutes research would soon show a genuine badge, still at least he can return it if not happy.
Regards,
Bill.

Phil2M 10-02-19 12:15 AM

Petrol and fire here. The seller is a forum member.

Alex Rice 10-02-19 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil2M (Post 468356)
Petrol and fire here. The seller is a forum member.

As a forum member he should know better then. The problem is that when a reputable dealer is peddling s***, people trust them and think they are getting a genuine badge.
Cheers,
Alex

irishhorse 10-02-19 07:35 AM

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Original-...EAAOSwtGtcUvqV

Frank Kelley 10-02-19 07:44 AM

Original?:confused:

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishhorse (Post 468369)

Frank Kelley 10-02-19 07:48 AM

I can certainly "believe it" but, absolutely nothing whatsoever new here, except the badge being sold of course!:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtrpltpara (Post 468351)
Look at the bidding on this Howe badge, can you believe it?
One like this can be got for peanuts, are people crazy?
Item number 323674439328, on ebay, sorry can't provide a link. The other RND fakes are also being bid on, the Birmingham battalions fakes also, I gave up after that. Scrap metal like these being described as original WW1 infuriates me, can nothing be done? When sellers breathe their last how will they explain their actions to the men who wore the genuine badges, there are thousands and thousands waiting for them.
Regards,
Bill.

manchesters 10-02-19 10:36 AM

There have been so many negative comments on here against this seller over the past year, its getting ridiculous now.

regards

rhodesianmilitaria 10-02-19 12:43 PM

Don't forget that the forum once entertained a member who ended up in jail for fraud & theft.
The forum also allowed someone to join who knowingly sells copies and has sold fakes as genuine items in the past.
Imo (in my opinion for the less knowledgeable) it's a massive failure on the part of the owners and moderators of the forum to ignore these people and turn a blind eye to their deceitful behaviour that they have been doing for decades.

JerryBB 10-02-19 02:38 PM

Sadly the seller of such has friends who seem willing to forgive any indiscretions and even threaten legal action against those who comment on their actions.

grenadierguardsman 10-02-19 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishhorse (Post 468369)

Even i can see that's a fake !!!!!
Andy:eek:

Frank Kelley 10-02-19 04:39 PM

I suspect it may be necessary to narrow the field a little, Peter!:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhodesianmilitaria (Post 468410)
The forum also allowed someone to join who knowingly sells copies and has sold fakes as genuine items in the past.

rhodesianmilitaria 10-02-19 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBBOND (Post 468430)
Sadly the seller of such has friends who seem willing to forgive any indiscretions and even threaten legal action against those who comment on their actions.

I have two words for people like that. Bring it!

rhodesianmilitaria 10-02-19 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Kelley (Post 468442)
I suspect it may be necessary to narrow the field a little, Peter!:D

Andrew. Is that helping?

Paul Spellman 10-02-19 09:22 PM

There’s a recent thread on here started by a manufacturer of fake badges whom bemoaned someone was selling his products at a far higher price than him, he posted a link to his website which still shows he is selling his items.
He received support from other forum members in that he has given advice on what to look for in the fakes.
You have a pretty tough job to clean up this problem which to me is endemic
even on this forum if people are willing to turn a blind eye and support these people who make or sell this crap.

grenadierguardsman 10-02-19 09:58 PM

If you are knowingly selling fakes as a member of this Forum, in my opinion you should be banned.
Andy