British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Military Buttons (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Cheney (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77694)

Frank Kelley 08-03-20 07:08 PM

Cheney

Anyone know anything about buttons marked CHENEY B'HAM, approximate dates the company was manufacturing and so forth?

btns 08-03-20 10:13 PM

Established 1920, company sold 2001.
They made locks, latches, clips, buttons and hinges.
In 1985 button collector John Dunnigan made enquiries. They had no records on their WWII production.
My records show they mass produced typical WWII buttons:
Air Training Corps
Royal Air Force
National Fire Service
Air Raid Precautions
Civil Defence
general service - KC
general service - white metal KC
Most likely this list is not complete.

Frank Kelley 09-03-20 07:35 AM

Okay, very many thanks indeed.

Artynut 10-03-20 07:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Been on the forum a few years, How do I start new thread when I cannot find “New Thread button? So my new thread is, Identify this language please! Can any member ID the language and translate the words on this Artillery button. Specifically, does anyone know which country it’s from? It does not seem Arabic to me. I’m thinking more Hindi or Urdu. I have a number of buttons to go into my Button Albums here but shied away from my “Indian” untill I’m sure.

btns 10-03-20 09:57 PM

how to start a new thread

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Artynut (Post 502595)
Been on the forum a few years, How do I start new thread when I cannot find “New Thread button?

Please have a look at the attached image.

You get New Thread when you have a section selected.
Top left is the Menu. Step through it by clicking your mouse.

When you get to 'military buttons' the thread you replied to is the top one.
The New Thread button is just above that thread.

Now, waiting for many new threads with buttons

Artynut 10-03-20 10:55 PM

Thank you btns. Magpie also replied in PM. I just kept reading the instructions wrongly. I do have a lot of questions about my buttons but as you might guess, they’re all Artillery buttons. So, I’m still waiting a reply on my “non English” script on the button in my last post. And while I’m out in the open, I DO apologize for the terrible colour tints in my “Albums”! Lack of white balance etc etc. Regards, David J.

fairlie63 11-03-20 04:29 AM

Hey Artynut, that is a current Pakistan Regiment of Artillery button by the looks of it.

I think you find that the script is the vernacular for 'Pakistan'.

Cheers,
Keith

Artynut 11-03-20 03:41 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Hello Keith, Thanks so much for the heads up on my button. Would you believe I already had a Pakistan Arty button, though of very poor quality I had not thought to compare it to the type I originally posted yesterday. Here are the comparisons together. Anodised on the left and a smaller copy of the one I showed yesterday. Again, Thanks and Best regards. David J.