British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off topic (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Mail from UK to Australia (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74020)

slick_mick 04-06-19 03:38 AM

Mail from UK to Australia

Hey Guys,

I got a package in the post today (Sydney, AU) that was posted last week from the UK. A pretty quick delivery yet another package I got today was also from the UK yet was posted in November (and presumed lost).

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced such inconsistent delivery times between UK and Australia?

The 6 months one isn't a record for me - it once took 9 months for a package to arrive from the UK via airmail.

Mick

L1A1 04-06-19 03:45 AM

Yes, I have had a lot of inconsistency over the past few months. Two badges appear to have gone missing (I am hoping they will surface some time), one badge was here in 7 days and the rest have taken 14 days.

badgecollector 04-06-19 05:24 AM

purchased a badge from South Africa last august.
presumed it was lost.
arrived last week. 10months late
bc

Chipper 04-06-19 05:47 AM

Hi Mick

Not just Sydney - UK. I have previously posted 2 packets from France to the UK on the same day one took 3 days, and other took 5 weeks....

Not sure where these items spend their time.

Cheers, Tim

Charliedog012012 04-06-19 07:31 AM

Don’t really know how long postage takes to Australia but I have been waiting for one package to travel from one side of England to the other....so far I have been waiting 4 weeks. Could have walked there and back several times. In fact I wish I had walked there to collect it in person.

Lancer 17 05-06-19 05:25 AM

My mail ex UK usually takes 1 to 2 weeks but most goes to a PO box and I usually only clear that on a Thursday. I have had 2 small packages opened by Aussie customs and also biodiversity, I don't know what their interest in metal badges might be, but I got a sword through in a big shipping tube without any inspection, so don't ask me.

Regards

Phil.

Lancer 17 07-06-19 04:30 AM

Hi guys,

I got a small package with 2 books in it posted in UK on 25th May and it dropped on my doorstep this morning Friday 7th June. Not bad I'd say.

Regards Phil.

GTB 08-06-19 06:37 AM

Mail Malta-UK and vice - versa pretty good. normally 4/5 days. Same with other European countries. With Australia usually a couple of weeks but mail always arrives

GTB

mm1 13-06-19 06:28 PM

postage

I sent the 2 books to Lancer 17. I was told by owner of post office it would take a minimum of 6 weeks and they got there in less than 2 ! I think sometimes items going by boat or other means go by air just to fill the aircraft to make it more economical ie fill up the aircraft. Just pot luck..

Mark

akiko 13-06-19 09:29 PM

Sometimes the mail is quicker from overseas than receiving it from someone here.