British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   New Member Introduction Zone (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Another female collector...streuth! (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55768)

Pixie 07-08-16 05:27 PM

Another female collector...streuth!

Hello all,

Well I decided to come out from under my collecting rock after having had a lovely few hours today at Yate.

I've been collecting for several years now focusing primarily upon cap badges from:

The Norfolks
The Lincolns
The Suffolks
The Beds & Herts
The Leicesters
The Essex
The Northants

In more recent years I have been wandering into other 'stuff' as territorial and volunteer battalions are a tad pricey.

To those whom I met today it was a pleasure, a lovely friendly bunch of chaps :-)

Bill A 07-08-16 07:36 PM

Welcome to the Forum Rachel. Your account is active and open for posts.

Pixie 07-08-16 07:47 PM

Thanks Bill :-)

norfolk regt man 07-08-16 08:06 PM

welcome pixie, great regiments to collect, glad you have found us.:)

billy 07-08-16 08:29 PM

Wecome to the Forum Rachel you will find lots of help and information on your collection, all the best billy

Jack8 07-08-16 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pixie (Post 370839)
Hello all,

Well I decided to come out from under my collecting rock after having had a lovely few hours today at Yate.

I've been collecting for several years now focusing primarily upon cap badges from:

The Norfolks
The Lincolns
The Suffolks
The Beds & Herts
The Leicesters
The Essex
The Northants

In more recent years I have been wandering into other 'stuff' as territorial and volunteer battalions are a tad pricey.

To those whom I met today it was a pleasure, a lovely friendly bunch of chaps :-)

Hello Rachael,

Welcome to the forum and it was nice to meet you today at Yate.

Jack

41st 07-08-16 08:48 PM

Croeso Pixie.

Pixie 07-08-16 09:29 PM

Thanks Jack :-)

Shwmae 41st diolch yn fawr. Oeddet ti 'na ar Yate y prynhawn 'ma?

Sonofacqms 07-08-16 09:58 PM

Cambridgeshire, Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire Regts

Rachael,

Welcome to the forum, you seem to like Regiments that are from the East of England and those that were included into the East Anglian/Royal Anglian units, but you have not included the Cambridgeshire, Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire Regts, I know two are Territorial, but not too expensive, is there a reason why you have not included these?

Rob

Jackhr 07-08-16 10:06 PM

G'day Rachael
Your title to the thread say's it all :p good to see a new member and welcome.

Happy collecting.

ianh67military 07-08-16 11:13 PM

Hello.
I spent all day at Yate. Was about no. 20 in the Queue at 09.30 when it opened. Spoke to various Forum members. You can't miss me, mid-50's, glasses like milk bottle bottoms, a ginger moustache going grey, a bergan (rucksack) permamently attached to my back, a craving for alcohol that was only sated by hitting the Wetherspoons pub, on first name terms with most dealers, a nasty limp, hands like claws - shall I just shut up now?
You're welcome to PM me and discuss badges, more badges, pubs, badges, pubs and did I mention badges?

Ian H

Roy 07-08-16 11:19 PM

Hi Rachael,

A heartfelt 'welcome', always lovely to have another lady join the group.

Cheerio,

Roy.

41st 08-08-16 06:22 AM

Naddoe, roeddwn i gwethio yn yr ardd.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pixie (Post 370884)
Thanks Jack :-)

Shwmae 41st diolch yn fawr. Oeddet ti 'na ar Yate y prynhawn 'ma?

engr9266 08-08-16 06:48 AM

Hi Rachael, If I had known you were at Yate I would have said hello. You may have seen me wandering around-MTP top with my engr9266 shoulder titles, forum badge & TRF.
Any way welcome.
Jerry.

Tigerlily 08-08-16 07:11 AM

Hi Rachael

They're a good bunch here, your in great company :)

Alli