British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Army (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   South african collection for sale (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3007)

badgecollector 18-08-08 09:28 AM

South african collection for sale

hi all
a friend of mine is wanting to sell a large collection of south african badges. most of them are pre WW1 with many hlmet plates and badges from the boer war.
he was thinking of puting it through Bosleys, but has asked me if i want any first and therefore, am offering these also to the forum.
i dont have any pics or a list but if anyone is interested in particular badges please PM me and i will follow up for you.
i have a some being posted to me so when they arrive i will post a few pics
bc

wright241 18-08-08 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badgecollector (Post 19735)
hi all
a friend of mine is wanting to sell a large collection of south african badges. most of them are pre WW1 with many hlmet plates and badges from the boer war.
he was thinking of puting it through Bosleys, but has asked me if i want any first and therefore, am offering these also to the forum.
i dont have any pics or a list but if anyone is interested in particular badges please PM me and i will follow up for you.
bc

It might be a SA collection - which is not really my area - but are there any "brit" badges in the collection?
david

7923BSAP 18-08-08 01:07 PM

Hi, I am interested in Natal regiments, Police, SWA, Rhodesia if there are any going for sale, thanks Bill Braine 7923bsAp

natal01 18-08-08 05:18 PM

natal01

I think that you will find that there are quite a few keen South African badge collectors, mostly in South Africa as people generally collect "in their own backyard" . In South Africa the collectors are rather wary of Brit badges because they have been so extensively faked. Lets have your list and we'll arm-wrestle for the good pieces.

badgecollector 19-08-08 04:08 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Quote:

hi all
bc

hi all
here are a few pics of some of the s of badges for sale. will keep you up todate with other requests.
i havent got a price on these and am waiting to here but he would take offers.
i would like to hear any thoughts on these badges
bc

wright241 19-08-08 10:39 AM

Quote:

hi all
bc

Stupid question probably, but I'll ask anyway - are there any Rhodesian, Northern, Southern, pre-federation ?
david

badgecollector 19-08-08 01:08 PM

hi david
i will ask for you. i should know in a day or 2
bc

natal01 19-08-08 04:51 PM

natal01

Hi,
Nice Boer Republic badges. Apart from the odd spear tip missing, they look good. I'm very interested to see what else there is. Will you be pricing them or is it subject to a bidding process ?
I am particularly interested in badges from the 1902 - 1913 period.

badgecollector 19-08-08 08:12 PM

hi
i hope to price them but have to wait for the owner to do so. as soon as i know i will let you all know.
i have forwarded the requests so am now waiting
bc

seadog 21-08-08 07:00 AM

WO Badges

Hi,

I collect Southern African Warrant Officer Badges from 1912 to date. If any are in the collection please let me know.

Neville

Ned Kelly 22-08-08 08:40 PM

Hi,
I am very inyterested in any badges from the boer war to the mounted rifle or scouts regiments such as

Kitcheners horse
Roberts horse
Kitcheners Fighting Scouts.

please keep me in the loop!!!

thanks
Glenn.

lancashirefusilier 24-08-08 09:56 AM

Hello Badgecollector,
I also am interested in any Rhodesian stuff.
Can you keep me in the loop also?
Cheers
Dave

badgecollector 14-09-08 08:23 AM

2 Attachment(s)
hi guys
i have 18 pics of various south african badges for sale.
i they have been offered to me and the owner wants to sell in one lot.
im not sure what the badges are so if you want me to send you the pics, PM me with your email address and i will forward the pics
bc

Ned Kelly 25-09-08 07:31 AM

Hi BC,
Did you get my PM?
if not could you please foward me a copy of the scans.
thanks