British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cavalry, Yeomanry, Tank/RAC Badges (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   British WW1 Cavalry - Repository for Photos (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74404)

slick_mick 02-07-19 12:15 AM

British WW1 Cavalry - Repository for Photos

Hi All,

As many of you know, it can be a challenge to determine what was worn by the various British cavalry regiments during World War One.

I was thinking it might be a good idea to start a thread (or maybe even someone create a forum photo album) to document photos of British Cavalry soldiers so we have a good reference as to what insignia they wore during WW1.

What do you think?

Regards,

Mick

mike c 02-07-19 08:07 PM

Hi mick I think it would be a great idea,hope it takes off

slick_mick 02-07-19 08:33 PM

I'm happy to create albums to put photos in. If people can post them here or email them to me I'm happy to put them into albums as a reference.

Mick

slick_mick 02-07-19 11:59 PM

I've create albums for each WW1 British Cavalry regiment.

So if you have any pics of WW1 British Cavalry soldiers and officers please post to this thread or send them to me and I'll upload them into the albums.

https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/fo...lbum.php?u=344

Mick

slick_mick 03-07-19 08:31 PM

I'm surprised no one else has commented about this.

I thought there would be interest in having a place where photos of WW1 British cavalry uniforms showing insignia can be displayed.

Mick

Drmiggy 04-07-19 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slick_mick (Post 482778)
I'm surprised no one else has commented about this.

I thought there would be interest in having a place where photos of WW1 British cavalry uniforms showing insignia can be displayed.

Mick

Sorry Mick for being slow, I completely agree with your idea and hope that it picks up momentum as it will be a great reference for all of us👍

Lancer 17 04-07-19 07:53 AM

Hi Mick

Yes, sorry for being slow, I have some photos and Im happy to send them to you, for you to post.

Regards Phil.

slick_mick 04-07-19 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lancer 17 (Post 482811)
Hi Mick

Yes, sorry for being slow, I have some photos and Im happy to send them to you, for you to post.

Regards Phil.

Thanks mate. That would be awesome. My email is marmi01@gmail.com or alternatively you can PM them to me or post them here.

Mick

Lancer 17 04-07-19 08:12 AM

Hey Mick

Gota round them up, I will scan and Email to you. Ive got your email on record.

Regards Phil.

slick_mick 04-07-19 08:17 AM

Thanks mate.

They more people who can contribute the better resource it becomes.

Mick

enfant perdus 05-07-19 04:10 AM

12 Attachment(s)
Happy to contribute, as I’ve never gotten around to doing a Cavalry and Yeomanry counterpart to my infantry album. Speaking of Yeomanry, any interest? I have a decent selection in my PPC collection.

Anyhoo, here’s a start with the cav.

slick_mick 05-07-19 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enfant perdus (Post 482906)
Happy to contribute, as I’ve never gotten around to doing a Cavalry and Yeomanry counterpart to my infantry album. Speaking of Yeomanry, any interest? I have a decent selection in my PPC collection.

Thanks! Have uploaded them.

Mick

Elliot#1 05-07-19 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enfant perdus (Post 482906)

Some cracking pictures there, thanks for sharing!

GriffMJ 05-07-19 01:34 PM

Love to see some hi-def images of the Motto..... one of them looks like a possible conformation of the date period for the "Long Nose" Motto.

enfant perdus 05-07-19 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GriffMJ (Post 482939)
Love to see some hi-def images of the Motto..... one of them looks like a possible conformation of the date period for the "Long Nose" Motto.

I’ll look in my collection this weekend. I may have sold one or more of the 17th PPCs, but I’ll try to get a higher res scan of what I still have.