British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cavalry, Yeomanry, Tank/RAC Badges (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Book - Formation of the royal Armoured Corps (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84321)

rboorman 11-04-21 02:30 PM

Book - Formation of the royal Armoured Corps

1 Attachment(s)
Help, does anybody have a copy of this, privately published 11 pages, booklet entitled,

"The Formation of the Royal Armoured Corps" by A J Mac Donald?

If so I dearly love to obtain a scanned copy from you.

sketchley kid 18-04-21 10:25 AM

RAC Formation,,,

Yes I've got one amid my files.,the one pictured is mine, I added my name, Brian Simpson and my Bays mate Tom Jones. I am on Face book as Brin Symonds.

sketchley kid 18-04-21 10:34 AM

Defo my copy, I put the old RAC badge on the front

CAM 18-04-21 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sketchley kid (Post 546482)
Yes I've got one amid my files.,the one pictured is mine, I added my name, Brian Simpson and my Bays mate Tom Jones. I am on Face book as Brin Symonds.

I would also like a scanned copy if available

Regards

Chris

sketchley kid 25-04-21 11:11 AM

Formation RAC.

1 Attachment(s)
Unfortunately I'm unable to do the scanning ( I am 93 next week) but I'm sending my copy to Dick ASAP to copy and return. I believe the Author has passed away I think I have one of the first publication from him;I and a BAYS mate have added our expieriences to it I don't think there were many if any published. All I can do is see on its return.
The cover picture is my design I think that is the only one.

rboorman 25-04-21 01:45 PM

Formation of RAC

Hi, please advise when posted. I will scan and return ASAP.
CHEERS.

Phillip Herring 25-04-21 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sketchley kid (Post 547157)
Unfortunately I'm unable to do the scanning ( I am 93 next week) but I'm sending my copy to Dick ASAP to copy and return. I believe the Author has passed away I think I have one of the first publication from him;I and a BAYS mate have added our expieriences to it I don't think there were many if any published. All I can do is see on its return.
The cover picture is my design I think that is the only one.

93? Outstanding! You don't have any trouble with technology. My father is in his eighties and can't manipulate a mouse.

Phil

sketchley kid 25-04-21 08:46 PM

It's not the 'tech' side of the scanning the problem but I had an accident last August and I'm not so quick as I was and it would take me ages .'''but we'll come up with something when I've sent it to Dick.....it's sealed in envelope waiting for someone to post it for me.probably do one page at a time and post on here or Facebook.......I MAY BE WRONG BUT I don't think there was a hard back I'm sure that Mack sent me loose pages.Phillip Herring.

sketchley kid 06-05-21 10:06 AM

Formation RAC

Good news, the booklet has arrived yesterday,I had under paid £!-50 in stamps as I am unable to get out..but receiver collected it yesterday.....hopefully I'll get it scanned on return into a Facebook album so will be easier to send copies eventually..