British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Headdress (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   HEAD DRESS SECTION (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48730)

ASR142 05-10-15 10:48 PM

HEAD DRESS SECTION

Hi Chaps
I did start this thread in a diffrent section I should have started it here so here it goes :eek:
copied from other thread
HI Chaps
Just had an idear yes I know its was extremley dangerous ( better get that in 1st ) : Is there a requiment for a headress section on the forum ? whats your op's on it ? steve

Jack8 05-10-15 11:40 PM

Don't see why not, I think a lot of badge collectors myself included would be interested in learning about what to look out for in the various types of headdress that were adorned with our precious badges.

I found the beret thread very interesting, knowledge is King as they say, particularly when considering an expensive purchase.

Jack

Postwarden 06-10-15 08:00 AM

Excellent idea.

Jon

FMT600 06-10-15 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASR142 (Post 325983)
Hi Chaps
I did start this thread in a diffrent section I should have started it here so here it goes :eek:
copied from other thread
HI Chaps
Just had an idear yes I know its was extremley dangerous ( better get that in 1st ) : Is there a requiment for a headress section on the forum ? whats your op's on it ? steve

I would certainly support it.

FMT600

Fatboy Ken 06-10-15 09:14 AM

Sounds pretty good to me as well, I can put a couple of images forward if you'd like Steve. :)

Ken

tonyb 06-10-15 09:17 AM

Yes I reckon it's a great idea.
Tony.

Peter Brydon 06-10-15 12:51 PM

Agreed, a great idea.

I have seen a number of improved, or perhaps should be messed about with items of head dress recently. ( one dealer has a number of WW1 Liverpool Scottish items for sale including a blue Tam O Shanter with red/white/black dicing- the only problem being that as far as I am aware that style of Tam was not worn by the Liverpool Scottish until years later when they were affiliated to the Camerons )

P.B.

Anodisedbob 06-10-15 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASR142 (Post 325983)
Hi Chaps
copied from other thread
HI Chaps

Brilliant idea

Bob

Roy 06-10-15 03:02 PM

I can't say I now a great deal about headdress and don't have anything special in my collection thus far. However I never say never and if the right piece came along I'm sure I could find a nice home for something:)

In saying that I'm in the 'YES' camp - a great idea.

I know some of our members have some wonderful examples and it would be great to have a dedicated space to share both these and the knowledge of those who know about such things.

Roy.

JerryBB 06-10-15 05:46 PM

It gets my vote and I have a few examples I could add if needed.

http://www.britishbadgeforum.com/for...p?albumid=2469

Mike 07-10-15 12:41 PM

You want a new sub-forum for Headdress? If so would it be in this top part of the main index page?- the 'Common Forums' ?

ASR142 07-10-15 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike (Post 326173)
You want a new sub-forum for Headdress? If so would it be in this top part of the main index page?- the 'Common Forums' ?

Yes please Mike pm sent regarding my idears in a mo steve

grumpy 07-10-15 03:24 PM

Headdress is a big black spot as far as I am concerned: very poorly documented in book form.
I am forever either making an arse of myself and/or spending ages looking for info. I will not be able to contribute much but would be a keen user.

David Tremain 07-10-15 07:16 PM

As mentioned in a previous posting I could contribute pictures of various caps and berets I have.

David

ASR142 07-10-15 09:12 PM

Hi Chaps
I have pm'd Mike regarding this idear tonight Having had a good think about its and how varst the headress is , ie some example side hat , home service helmets , calvary helmets , peaked caps etc etc I put forward the idear of having a proper section with sub sections to cover the above + every thing easle whats your op's on it steve