British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   It's a Mystery -Unknown Insignia for Identification (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Queen's Westminster & Civil Service Rifles (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21477)

orasot 11-12-11 08:16 PM

Queen's Westminster & Civil Service Rifles

8 Attachment(s)
Good Evening Gents,
I've just picked up these nice badges & I'm wondering what the smallest could be, it is hallmarked silver 1941 dated & made by the Goldsmiths & Silversmiths Co Ltd, it has one screw post to the rear with a nice silver backing plate, it came with the bladed cap badge and the middle sized badge which is silver plate & made by Gaunt. The Gaunt one measures 30mm x 32mm & the silver one is 26mm x 26mm on the plate. I'd be grateful for any info on either of the 2 smaller badges, thanks in advance,
Wilf.

Tinto 11-12-11 08:21 PM

Hi Wilf,
Sorry I can't help with your query but I do admire your acquisitions!
Cheers, Tinto

Peter J 11-12-11 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinto (Post 145833)
Hi Wilf,
Sorry I can't help with your query but I do admire your acquisitions!
Cheers, Tinto

Ditto :)

PJ

Keith Blakeman 11-12-11 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orasot (Post 145830)
Good Evening Gents,
I've just picked up these nice badges & I'm wondering what the smallest could be, it is hallmarked silver 1941 dated & made by the Goldsmiths & Silversmiths Co Ltd, it has one screw post to the rear with a nice silver backing plate, it came with the bladed cap badge and the middle sized badge which is silver plate & made by Gaunt. The Gaunt one measures 30mm x 32mm & the silver one is 26mm x 26mm on the plate. I'd be grateful for any info on either of the 2 smaller badges, thanks in advance,
Wilf.

I think these are mess dress collars Wilf. Overlay it on the one in Churchill to see if it's the same size.

Silver Tourist 11-12-11 09:31 PM

Hallmarked silver item: The Queen`s Westminster`s, The King`s Royal Rifle Corps.

Good evening.

The hallmarked item is the Mess Dress collar badge: see Churchill 1969 and 1970. Found with various dates.

Should you wish to sell it for a good sum, send me a PM.

Enjoy.

ST.

davec2 11-12-11 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orasot (Post 145830)
Good Evening Gents,
Wilf.

Nice one Wilf,

Or should that be nice several ?? well done mate, I don't know about buying it for a good sum ( ST ;) ) but if you want to give it away, I'm your man :D :D :D

Dave. :D

orasot 12-12-11 10:41 PM

Thanks for the replies Gents, great to get them identified, should have looked in Churchill's first I guess :o If I do decide to sell I'll let you know ST, likewise Dave, if I do decide to give it away I'll get the wife to lock me up :D:D
Cheers again lads,
Wilf.

davec2 13-12-11 01:15 AM

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Can I have the key ??

:D:D:D:D

Chrisr 13-12-11 08:26 AM

Good one Dave:D:D:D I like your style;) If you never ask .....