British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Topics. (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Uploading Pictures to Albums / Rearranging (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78172)

TWGB 08-04-20 06:04 PM

Uploading Pictures to Albums / Rearranging

Quick technical question:

When I created an album today, I uploaded the first few pictures 5 at a time. The order that I selected them was deliberate, but when they appeared in the album, that order had changed.

Is it something I'm doing (inadvertently), or is this a feature?

I corrected the order by deleting the out-of-sequence ones, and ended up uploading 1 or 2 at a time.

Three questions:
Can I dictate the order of pictures as I upload them?
If so, what am I doing wrong?
If not, is there a way to rearrange pictures with an album?

Thanks in anticipation; best regards,

Tim

grenadierguardsman 08-04-20 06:36 PM

The 1st picture you download will eventually be the last in your album, we can not change the order once we have uploaded pictures. Its not ideal but we cant grumble ( not saying you are ). The Forum is free to us, but i don't believe its free to run. The owner of the Forum has down a good job and has probably put some man hours into it.
Andy

CAM 09-04-20 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWGB (Post 505658)
Quick technical question:

When I created an album today, I uploaded the first few pictures 5 at a time. The order that I selected them was deliberate, but when they appeared in the album, that order had changed.

Is it something I'm doing (inadvertently), or is this a feature?

I corrected the order by deleting the out-of-sequence ones, and ended up uploading 1 or 2 at a time.

Three questions:
Can I dictate the order of pictures as I upload them?
If so, what am I doing wrong?
If not, is there a way to rearrange pictures with an album?

Thanks in anticipation; best regards,

Tim

Tim I have raised this before. It has a mind of its own. They can sometimes come out the way you want and sometimes in ANY order.

At one time I was uploading 1,2,3,2,1, and then deleting the random ones. I found 4 at a time sometimes worked for a whole album (but sometimes it didn't). Unfortunately, what is worse, you cannot add to an album in a specific place if you want to update it.

It is good for swearing practice though.

Chris

TWGB 09-04-20 06:31 AM

Andy, Chris,

Thanks for your thoughts, and glad it's not just me!

I can always just load images one at a time; maybe a bit slower, but always a consistent result.

Best regards, Tim

Luke H 09-04-20 10:16 AM

Tim,

I agree with Chris and Andy. For my MM albums I uploaded them individually and in reverse order so once loaded they were in the correct numeric sequence and I had control over this.

As you say time consuming and fiddly. No way of rearranging I fear, when I made a mistake I had to go back delete pics up to that point and go again from there.

Best wishes,

Luke

KLR 17-04-20 07:40 AM

Another solution might be having 'sub albums' - in my case for example having Regular, Vol Bns, TF/A Bns, dates etc ???

Though I agree that loading backwards in a large sequence.