British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Topics (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Can you believe this chap !! (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77326)

Jackhr 14-02-20 06:45 AM

Can you believe this chap !!
 
Does any collectors live in WA if so can any one go and this uneducated man this is crap and he knows it but still selling at this price and claims its original :mad:


https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/WW1-AUST...EAAOSwLJdeOPU6

badgecollector 14-02-20 07:59 AM

"Have had some wide and varied opinions on this from a number of dealers & collectors"
:rolleyes::D:eek::):o:rolleyes:;):confused::):cool :

slick_mick 14-02-20 08:46 AM

Is that a "silver" hallmark as well on the badge? LOL

lifeochil 14-02-20 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackhr (Post 500275)
Does any collectors live in WA if so can any one go and this uneducated man this is crap and he knows it but still selling at this price and claims its original :mad:


https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/WW1-AUST...EAAOSwLJdeOPU6

I know who he is.
I don't think he's too popular with Burridges because of his business name.

manchesters 14-02-20 02:38 PM

From their website

IMPORTANT NOTICE ;
WE REGRET THE NECESSITY TO INFORM OUR MANY CUSTOMERS THAT WE ARE IN NO WAY AFFILIATED WITH JBMILITARIA OR JB MILITARY ANTIQUES ALSO OF PERTH. IT IS UNFORTUNATE THAT HAVING TRADED IN WESTERN AUSTRALIA FOR OVER 40 YEARS WE NOW FIND THE NEED TO POST THIS ADVICE.
Then again wasn't it Charles Caleb Colton who said
"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."

slick_mick 14-02-20 08:49 PM

Have a google about JB Militaria and you will find some interesting reading. Lol

I just hope the auction winner isn’t a forum member.

Mick

slick_mick 15-02-20 08:15 PM

Someone just paid $354.99 for a bad fake and probably will have a hard time returning it.

The seller has this in his listing.

"Have had some wide and varied opinions on this from a number of dealers & collectors, so selling this as is, with no warranty associated/returns."

And he is well known for his temper tantrums and unprofessional behavior when it comes to people returning fake items to him.

Caveat Emptor.

Mick

Jackhr 15-02-20 10:33 PM

And you wonder why there is no new blood coming into this hobby when they get ripped by a so called knowledgeable dealer :mad: And yes I have a couple of run in's with this AH a couple of times very nasty person.

Luke H 15-02-20 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slick_mick (Post 500481)
"Have had some wide and varied opinions on this from a number of dealers & collectors, so selling this as is, with no warranty associated/returns."

Translation = ‘‘I was told this is fake. Didn’t like what I heard so will carrying on and sell it regardless. And no returns please if you find out the truth.’’

slick_mick 15-02-20 11:05 PM

Some of the things he has done to other customers is beyond belief! Lots of threads on Facebook about him so I want mention it here.

Mick

ps

He blocked me from his FB page as I asked him if he was John Burridge :D

lifeochil 15-02-20 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackhr (Post 500491)
And you wonder why there is no new blood coming into this hobby when they get ripped by a so called knowledgeable dealer :mad: And yes I have a couple of run in's with this AH a couple of times very nasty person.

I spoke to him on the phone years ago because we had had a disagreement. He threatened me and I told him if we met he should make sure he some friends around because he'd need them. A complete wanker!

lifeochil 15-02-20 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luke H (Post 500493)
Translation = ‘‘I was told this is fake. Didn’t like what I heard so will carrying on and sell it regardless. And no returns please if you find out the truth.’’

Yes. Unfortunately he's not the only one.

Jackhr 15-02-20 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lifeochil (Post 500496)
I spoke to him on the phone years ago because we had had a disagreement. He threatened me and I told him if we met he should make sure he some friends around because he'd need them. A complete wanker!

So do you live over in WA if so you must know Dennis W ? Collects uniforms and head gear ?

Rob

lifeochil 16-02-20 10:22 AM

No.

Jackhr 16-02-20 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lifeochil (Post 500511)
No.

Ok


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:58 AM.

Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.