British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   New Zealand Badges (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Question about NZ distiguishing patches - JAYFORCE (BCOF) (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78517)

Paweł Wawa 30-04-20 08:45 AM

Question about NZ distiguishing patches - JAYFORCE (BCOF)

Gentlemen,
I am a military historian from Poland, interested (among others) in WW2 British & Commonwealth unit/colour/distiguishing patches & badges. May I ask you for some help about last type (I mean used from 1945) patches, that were worn in 2nd NZ Division, mentioned in a title? I have recently found some pictures and description of them, so I know that were made in wool serge, sometimes in felt, and (in Japan) were also silk embroidered. Could you, please, tell me, which units of 2nd NZ Div/9th Bde used: the white one, the tricolor one (similar to EME/workshops, but with a white stripe instead a yellow), the (royal) blue one and a black one? I have found a great photo of theme (in a larger group, from a private collection), but, sadly, without any description...
Any information will be really welcome.
Thank you in advance,
Paweł

Bill A 30-04-20 11:46 AM

Hello Pawel, welcome to the Forum. Your account is active and open for posts.

fairlie63 30-04-20 09:03 PM

Hello Pawel,

Welcome to the forum.

If you are able to put a photo up that would be very helpful. A member of the forum wrote the book on NZ Distinguishing Patches and would no doubt be able to assist.

Keith

Quicksilver 30-04-20 10:32 PM

Hi Pawel,
Please send me your questions by PM (on this site) and I will try and answer your questions. If I cant I will ask others.
Cliff Lord aka Quicksilver

Quicksilver 03-05-20 01:21 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Pawel,
Attached are a couple of page scans from Part One of New Zealand Army Distinguishing Patches 1911-1991 regarding J Force patches. If you would like information about the WW2 NZ 2 Division cloth insignia please email me at lordz@xtra.co.nz and I will help you. You can also send personal messages (PM) via this Forum if you wish.
Best regards,
Cliff Lord

Paweł Wawa 09-05-20 11:53 AM

Gentlemen,
Thank you very much. I had tried to add a picture, but, sadly, I had some trouble with adding that...

2/1kiwi 23-05-20 12:39 AM

27th MG Bn is still worn today by the FSG 2/1RNZIR.

Quicksilver 28-05-20 02:35 AM

Tks for that update.

NZEF 28-05-20 06:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Top two are current pair 2/1 FSG, the rest 27 MG BN 2NZEF/ J-Force.

2/1kiwi 31-05-20 08:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
2/1 FSG patches, Made late last year for the Platoon.

The two bottom right are the old logos.
Far right is the original from around 2012/13 and is Platatac made.
the remainder are the new type.

These cannot be worn on uniforms but can be on packs/Armour etc or used as gifts/trades.

We are also looking for any 27 Mg Bn diamonds/badges if anyone has spares.

Cheers

Dan

nbroadarrowz 31-05-20 09:54 AM

2 Attachment(s)
This is my 27th Battalion battle dress blouse.
It is named and numbered. Also a souvenir booklet.
Barry