British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Royal Artillery, Royal Engineers and Royal Signals. (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   various artillery corps badges (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73015)

stef 31-03-19 04:38 PM

various artillery corps badges

I have recently acquired quite a large collection of badges.
before selling these i would like to know if they are originals or possibly fakes / restrikes.

I have about 60 badges dealing with the artillery corps so I will fill this album the following days and weeks.

May I please have you comments on the badges in this album:
https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/fo...p?albumid=3711

Luke H 31-03-19 05:15 PM

Of the current badges in the album the only good ones are the arm badge, moving wheel and officer’s gun badges. The others are standard fakes sadly with the tall orb on he crown and nick out of the RH scroll end.

54Bty 31-03-19 05:57 PM

Royal Regiment of Artillery badges.

As the previous post (2) and image comments.

Marc

manchesters 31-03-19 06:00 PM

You have about £10 worth in total.

All the rare ones are fakes.

regards

Luke H 31-03-19 06:17 PM

Going by these RA and the airborne badges I would suggest you’ve bought a rather large quantity of fakes containing very few genuine items. Instead of selling these I would contact the person you bought them off for a refund as most are good only for the bin, sorry just my opinion.

stef 01-04-19 06:30 AM

Hi, thank you for the comments.
A bit disappointed that most of them are fakes but it was
A calculated risk that I took when I bought these.
A lot of badges were good and I'm posting the ones that I don't know or have a bad feeling about for review first.

Will post some more when I am back from work this evening.

Such a fake badge l, could I ask 1 or 2 £ for them each or are they so bad nobody wants these as a (temporarily) filler in the collection or refrence material?

manchesters 01-04-19 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stef (Post 474076)
Hi, thank you for the comments.
A bit disappointed that most of them are fakes but it was
A calculated risk that I took when I bought these.
A lot of badges were good and I'm posting the ones that I don't know or have a bad feeling about for review first.

Will post some more when I am back from work this evening.

Such a fake badge l, could I ask 1 or 2 £ for them each or are they so bad nobody wants these as a (temporarily) filler in the collection or refrence material?

FAKES cannot be sold on here, but on ebay you can do as you wish.

My opinion is that they should be destroyed.

regards

stef 01-04-19 03:45 PM

Hello Simon, I've read the sales rules now and see indead selling fakes here is forbidden. I had not seen this yesterday, my apologies.

I have uploaded a few more badges in the album

manchesters 01-04-19 03:51 PM

Stef,

All the Queens Crown (QC) badges are OK, but very, very common and worth peanuts.

The majority of the Kings Crown (KC) are Fakes.

As has been said look for the very tall and stretched Orb on top of the crown as all these are fakes.

regards

stef 14-04-19 08:39 AM

4 Attachment(s)
I have sorted a few badges again, may I have comments on these please.

the four H.A.C. are all good I believe

The Malta artillery is good I believe, I have found identical examples in allbums posted on the forum and on dealer websites.

The New Zealand badge, I do not know

stef 14-04-19 08:46 AM

4 Attachment(s)
the Indian artillery badge, is not of a great quality

the Royal artillery badge, the orb on top is a bit smaller then previous posted badges and it has some other details so I am not sure on this one

The white metal one has a small orb, so a good one ?

the last badge is unknown to me

stef 14-04-19 08:49 AM

4 Attachment(s)
first badge I saw a similar example of in an album of South Africa related insignia but the top symbol make me think australia?

14th field artillery regiment (South Africa)

fairlie63 14-04-19 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stef (Post 475395)
first badge I saw a similar example of in an album of South Africa related insignia but the top symbol make me think australia?

14th field artillery regiment (South Africa)

Orange Free State University Regiment hat badge, Stef. Amalgamated with the Orange Free State Field Artillery which wore the unknown badge in Post #11 to form the Vrystaatse Artillerie Regiment.

The 14th Field Regiment badge is a belt buckle badge apparently.

I agree that the HAC, Indian, Royal Malta, and NZ artillery are all original badges, as is the darkened Royal Artillery badge in Post #11.

All fairly common but nice examples.

Keith

stef 14-04-19 10:47 AM

thank you for identifying that badge and your comments on the others.