British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Infantry (& Guards) Badges (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   White metal KRRC, what is this badge please? (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72919)

3dg 25-03-19 02:35 PM

White metal KRRC, what is this badge please?

2 Attachment(s)
Hello,
Had this a few years, no idea if it's KRRC vols or Territorials? Or rubbish of course!
Please can you help

Cheers

Chris

manchesters 25-03-19 02:39 PM

Chris,

I believe its the latter.

regards

3dg 25-03-19 03:04 PM

Ha ha, cheers for that, is a fantasy of some sort?

Luke H 25-03-19 03:17 PM

Dud and yes fantasy.

3dg 25-03-19 03:22 PM

Mag to grid for that one then!
Cheers both of you

Chris

Alan O 25-03-19 03:52 PM

1970's fantasy supposedly for a militia battalion. The KRRC did not have TF Bns as their VBs became to London Regiment in 1908.

3dg 25-03-19 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan O (Post 473359)
1970's fantasy supposedly for a militia battalion. The KRRC did not have TF Bns as their VBs became to London Regiment in 1908.

Very true, thank for the input.

Chris

Keith Blakeman 25-03-19 05:10 PM

There are KRRC militia badges but they don’t look like that.

3dg 25-03-19 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith Blakeman (Post 473369)
There are KRRC militia badges but they don’t look like that.

Cheers

Alan O 25-03-19 06:33 PM

https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/fo...ctureid=161492

A K/C KRRC Militia badge.

3dg 25-03-19 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan O (Post 473378)

Great stuff, thank you

BWEF 26-03-19 03:44 PM

I don't know if this is a modern repro' badge, but I do know that genuine badges like this do exist.

I have one that my father picked up when he was in the 60th in WWII.

I have never been able to find out what it is, but someone once had the theory that these were standard KRRC badges that had been "dipped". I have no idea why.

My father was in a QVR battalion that wore standard KRRC badges.

manchesters 26-03-19 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWEF (Post 473458)
I don't know if this is a modern repro' badge, but I do know that genuine badges like this do exist.

I have one that my father picked up when he was in the 60th in WWII.

I have never been able to find out what it is, but someone once had the theory that these were standard KRRC badges that had been "dipped". I have no idea why.

My father was in a QVR battalion that wore standard KRRC badges.

If you show us a photo of the front and back we can study it.

regards

BWEF 26-03-19 07:06 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I am afraid that I will not be able to do that as my camera is u/s. I also don't have a mobile phone. I don't need to be contacted these days, and don't want random people trying to sell me PPI or double glazing when I am sitting in the park in the sun, or standing in the queue at the post office.

In the meanwhile, I am posting some scans, and hope they are clear enough. If not, let me know and I will see what I can do.

I know these items to be from WWII. My father put all the badges, flashes etc he had got his hands on in a box when he got out of the army in 1947. He then got that box out of the loft to give to me when I started collecting in the 1960s.

I don't know if it is clear but, when I was young and foolish I scraped some of the plating off the slider, and saw that it is the same yellow metal as a standard KRRC badge. Even back then I was not crazy enough to scrape the actual badge. Maybe the length of the slider might say something?

The conclusion I came to was that somebody had cleaned the paint off some standard KRRC badges, and plated them.

I have no idea why, unless it was some sort of a fad in 8th KRRC (2nd QVR)?

Luke H 26-03-19 07:17 PM

It’s not a WM badge it’s chromed and will no doubt be GM underneath having originally been BB. When, where and why the badge is chromed is another question. Often this was done for sweethearts or display purposes.