British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Topics (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Australian Army Unit Colour Patches - New Book out! (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4708)

slick_mick 31-12-08 04:26 AM

Australian Army Unit Colour Patches - New Book out!

Hi Guys,

For those who may be interested, there is a new reference book out on Australian Colour patches written by a good mate of mine - Phil Blackwell. I've had a look at it and it's very well done and a great reference book.

Australian Army Unit Colour Patches - 1987 to 2008 by Phillip Blackwell.

The book has a RRP of AUD$45 but I have been advised it is available via a special deal organised with Regimental Books for AUD$40 (plus postage) to British Badge Forum members (Thanks Phil - much appreciated!)

To order please send an email to:

info@regimental-books.com.au

and to mention "Badge Forum member - Colour patch book" in the subject field. The discount is a Forum special and doesn't apply to everyone.

Just thought I'd do my bit to promote a good book for collectors and help out a mate.

Happy New Year!

Mick

ps

Payment methods:

Within Australia - Bank Deposit is preferred (and Glenn from Regimental Books will send out bank details to people sending him order emails)

Overseas - PAYPAL is accepted

Bill A 31-12-08 12:53 PM

Hi Mick, I have stuck this thread so it stays at the top of the topic area. If this is a time definite offer, please let adm or mods know when the offer ends. Thanks for working this deal for the membership.

slick_mick 31-12-08 08:58 PM

Hi Bill,

Happy New Year!

Its ongoing until they all sell. It was only printed in limited quantities as well.

Mick

Bill A 31-12-08 09:10 PM

Mick, Could you indicate the methods of payment accepted? Thanks.

slick_mick 31-12-08 09:31 PM

No worries - Within Australia, Bank Deposit is preferred and PAYPAL is accepted for overseas orders.

Mick

badgecollector 23-01-09 06:13 PM

hi mick
the book arrived the other day and i am in the process of rearranging my display to match the book. there seems to be some errors either in the book or in my patches that i was unaware of. in other words 2 or 3 of the pics are different to the patch i have for the unit.
do you know if there were errors made in the book? i know i have a few error colour patches from manufacture.
also, i have a few holes in the collection. do you know where these modern patches can be obtained?
i will send you a pm also
thanks
bc

lettman 23-01-09 11:08 PM

BC,
I had similar issues which the author, Phil Blackwell, was able to deal with very satisfactorily. He's a very amenable and knowledgeable fellow; if you PM me I'll send you his direct email address.

slick_mick 23-01-09 11:11 PM

I can't comment as to the accuracy of the book - I don't collect these myself as such. All comments should really go to the author (Phil).

Mick

badgecollector 24-01-09 08:27 AM

thanks guys
does anyone have any spares? or know where i can buy these ucp from? i bought a collection a few years back and need to fill a few gaps
bc

Phiblack 17-03-09 06:46 AM

Australian Army Unit Colour Patches

Hi all,

Please feel free to ask any questions regarding colour patches.
I am even happy to hear about potential errors in my book - though hopefully apart from minor glitches it should be ok.

For those seeking patches, drop me a line as I have a swag of them spare and available for sale.

Best wishes,

Phil

slick_mick 20-03-09 11:09 PM

Hi Guys,

I have been informed that these are selling really quickly. It's only a small print run so get in quick while stocks last.

Please email info@regimental-books.com.au if you are after a copy.

AUD$40 (plus postage) to British Badge Forum members.

Mick

slick_mick 20-06-09 06:52 AM

For those interested in Australian Army colour patches, here's a great article (pdf file) written by Phil Blackwell (Colour Patch book author).

He has also advised me that copies of his book are still available for sale.

Mick

Voltigeur 20-06-09 11:45 AM

I just finished reading the article,wow. I thought that there was already too many canadian cloth titles to have a complete collection of all varieties but now,after this, how can any Aussie have a complete (between 600 to 900 insignias) collection, beside Mr.Blackwell ???

Jo

slick_mick 20-06-09 07:40 PM

Think of it as a challenge :)

Voltigeur 20-06-09 08:43 PM

Well mick,a life-time challenge, I don't think anyone can live that long....:D
Jo