British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cavalry, Yeomanry, Tank/RAC Badges (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   welsh horse yeo s/t (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87018)

JerryBB 24-10-21 11:58 AM

welsh horse yeo s/t

anyone got a good one they can share quality pictures of please.

I would love to add one or more to my collection but there seem so few pics of genuine examples on here, I did a search and 41st has two in his album and there is a lovely brooched example shown but that seems to be it.

JerryBB 20-11-21 11:42 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I bought this one from a reputable seller.

JerryBB 20-11-21 11:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
goes nicely with the cap badge I have

Jack8 20-11-21 12:33 PM

Looks good, it's interesting that on the lugged cap badges the H is different to those on the slidered examples.

Jack.

JerryBB 20-11-21 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack8 (Post 565318)
Looks good, it's interesting that on the lugged cap badges the H is different to those on the slidered examples.

Jack.

I have yet to get a good slider version.

Frank Kelley 20-11-21 05:58 PM

Examples with sliders are far more common, try and get an "extruded" one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryBB (Post 565321)
I have yet to get a good slider version.

JerryBB 20-11-21 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Kelley (Post 565331)
Examples with sliders are far more common, try and get an "extruded" one.

One day

Postwarden 22-11-21 04:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Recorded at the Imperial War Museum.

Jon

JerryBB 22-11-21 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Postwarden (Post 565473)
Recorded at the Imperial War Museum.

Jon

Never seen one of these before Jon.

41st 22-11-21 10:04 PM

Jon,
Thanks for posting that one, I have taken a photo of the exact same item in the course of my own research. I think I have a photo of it being worn, I’ll have to check. Always nice to come across someone who actually puts the ground work in.
Hwyl,
Kevin

Frank Kelley 24-11-21 06:37 AM

Hello Kevin,
I would be very interested to see a photograph of this title actually being worn if you have one.
Frank

Quote:

Originally Posted by 41st (Post 565506)
Jon,
Thanks for posting that one, I have taken a photo of the exact same item in the course of my own research. I think I have a photo of it being worn, I’ll have to check. Always nice to come across someone who actually puts the ground work in.
Hwyl,
Kevin

41st 24-11-21 07:34 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Hello Frank,

Sorry to disappoint but my recollection was in error. What I had in fact was a RPPC of a chap with the regimental arm badge showing on his right arm. I've also shown a photo of a reproduction I have of this badge. However what I did note whilst checking my records is that Bryn Owen states in his book that he thought it unlikely that these were worn after amalgamation to form the 25th Batt'n RWF. This photo can put that one to bed as you can clearly see his RWF shoulder title.

Perhaps more importantly I noted that Bryn disagreed with D. G. Glover in his article for MHS where Glover stated that Sergeants wore the regimental badge above their chevrons. Bryn advising that he had never seen this in photographs he had examined. Again we can put that one to bed as well. As shown in the last photo one of the sergeants is clearly wearing the standard pattern badge above his chevrons.

Hwyl,
Kevin

Frank Kelley 25-11-21 08:52 AM

Okay Kevin, many thanks, bit, the photographs you have added are still very nice indeed!

Quote:

Originally Posted by 41st (Post 565649)
Hello Frank,

Sorry to disappoint but my recollection was in error. What I had in fact was a RPPC of a chap with the regimental arm badge showing on his right arm. I've also shown a photo of a reproduction I have of this badge. However what I did note whilst checking my records is that Bryn Owen states in his book that he thought it unlikely that these were worn after amalgamation to form the 25th Batt'n RWF. This photo can put that one to bed as you can clearly see his RWF shoulder title.

Perhaps more importantly I noted that Bryn disagreed with D. G. Glover in his article for MHS where Glover stated that Sergeants wore the regimental badge above their chevrons. Bryn advising that he had never seen this in photographs he had examined. Again we can put that one to bed as well. As shown in the last photo one of the sergeants is clearly wearing the standard pattern badge above his chevrons.

Hwyl,
Kevin

JerryBB 24-03-22 09:19 AM

2 Attachment(s)
managed to get a second example to make a matching pair