British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Military Book and Media Reviews (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   NAAFI Up! (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84016)

Postwarden 26-03-21 04:18 PM

NAAFI Up!

1 Attachment(s)
The latest Special Edition of The Formation Sign Journal of the Military Heraldry Society marking NAAFI's centenary is now available. Price £10 inc postage.

Its 32 pages look at its origins in the EFC and NACB, its peacetime activities worldwide, its wartime service in uniform as the EFI of the RASC, RAOC and RLC and the Naval Canteen Service, its postwar development, the role in its work of BAFs and tokens and the that of the WVS in service welfare. Over 200 illustrations show a wide range of badges and ephemera. Well worth a read.

Limited number available so PM me if interested. Payment by Paypal preferred if possible.

Jon

leigh kitchen 29-03-21 08:59 AM

Just arrived,I've had a riffle through, looks an excellent read as The FS invariably is.
(EFI were selling pot noodles in Afghanistan? They spoiled us in BiH with pot noodles AND tins of baked beans).
Some interesting insignia shown, ones I hadn't seen before.

manchesters 29-03-21 11:23 AM

I agree with Leigh, some excellent badges shown and particularly like the ones on period photos.
Well done Jon.

regards

grey_green_acorn 29-03-21 03:34 PM

Another excellent special from the Military Heraldry Society. 32 pages packed with information and pictures covering 100 years of the NAAFI supporting Britain's armed forces around the world. It also covers involvement with NAAFI of ENSA the Entertainments National Service Association and the Women's Voluntary Service.

Tim

Postwarden 30-03-21 03:14 PM

They are going fast so

;)Buy Now Whilst Stocks Last!

Jon

Postwarden 15-04-21 01:52 PM

Down to the last three copies....
Jon

Home Guard 15-04-21 02:05 PM

I have received my copy and am so glad I got it. Jon, I was going to post when I finished reading it, and how timely, as I finished it last night. Highly recommend this journal on what I believe is a little covered subject.

Jon, it's an excellent work and so many awesome patches and badges which are always great to see. I only have a few NAFFI badges, but do like he genre and hope to get more down the road.

Thanks for the work Jon!!!

Terry

Postwarden 23-04-21 03:36 PM

Terry,

Glad you liked it. Thanks for your kind comments.

Jon

Peter Brydon 11-05-21 09:13 AM

2 Attachment(s)
A great edition as most Formation Signs are. I don’t suppose my NAAFI badge is anything out if the ordinary but isn’t in the article and I wonder if anyone can tell me anything about it.

Thanks

P.

Home Guard 11-05-21 09:23 AM

I'm no expert for sure, but from the colors I would think Navy. Nice patch!

Terry

Peter Brydon 11-05-21 03:52 PM

Thanks Terry,
I think you might be right.
Peter

engr9266 11-05-21 07:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hello Peter, Here is my small collection of Navy NAAFI cloth badges so I would say yours is RN.
Jerry

Peter Brydon 12-05-21 09:40 AM

Thanks Jerry.

Peter

NAAFI BL&S 27-12-21 08:59 PM

Great read

Hi, It was a pleasure to be a part of this and I have framed my copy with lots of other bits from the last year. More and more information comes to light all the time so happy to help anyone trying to authenticate badges etc

Sue

Home Guard 27-12-21 11:49 PM

Deleted