British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Anodised Aluminium Badges (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   anodized Suffolk Regt cap badge (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73470)

norfolk regt man 27-04-19 07:39 AM

anodized Suffolk Regt cap badge

hi all, can anyone post a picture of an Anodized Suffolk cap badge please.

Collar too..........................maybe...........just one will do.

Thanks andrew

Mike H 27-04-19 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by norfolk regt man (Post 476857)
hi all, can anyone post a picture of an Anodized Suffolk cap badge please.

Collar too..........................maybe...........just one will do.

Thanks andrew

Andrew,in my opinion all the anodised cap badges aren't genuine. They were produced in the 90s.

hagwalther 28-04-19 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike H (Post 476861)
Andrew,in my opinion all the anodised cap badges aren't genuine. They were produced in the 90s.

I agree - maybe late 1980's though.

Regards,

Chris

Terry Rayner 28-04-19 05:16 AM

Andrew didn't mention "Genuine" he just asked for a photo, can't help, don't reply.
Regards Terry

hagwalther 28-04-19 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terry Rayner (Post 476938)
Andrew didn't mention "Genuine" he just asked for a photo, can't help, don't reply.
Regards Terry

Really Dude,

Sorry to have wasted everyone's time...

leigh kitchen 28-04-19 08:15 AM

No image of such a badge as yet but informative posts -thanks button.

chris cunniffe 28-04-19 12:13 PM

Suffolk Regt

Hi there is a photo of this badge on my site I no longer collect badges but I am sure members will have down loaded my collection for ref quote my name chris cunniffe I am sure some one will help chris

Terry Rayner 28-04-19 12:44 PM

Dude:confused::confused::confused::confused::confu sed::D

badjez 30-04-19 02:07 AM

Suffolk Regt anodised

2 Attachment(s)
Andrew,

Couple of quick snaps for you.

Stephen.

PS- can you please answer my last pm to you.

leigh kitchen 30-04-19 05:24 AM

Is that a rounded rather than flat based "G" on that Twinings?

badjez 30-04-19 06:12 AM

Leigh,
Please elucidate.

leigh kitchen 30-04-19 06:31 AM

The "G" in "TIMMINGS" is flat- bottomed, some copies being rounded, according to "the book" and / or some threads on the forum.

https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/fo...light=TIMMINGS

bess55 30-04-19 07:39 AM

I have one of these badges and handled others, they are indeed suspect with a rounded bottomed letter 'G' on Timings. The usual Timings stamp has a flat bottomed G and is extremely clear for a very small font makers mark. Additionally Timings sliders are very crisp, these have rounded edges.

The image posted by Stephen above illustrates the expansion of the aluminium on the slider where the 'stamp' is applied after the badge is manufactured and not prior to the badge being assembled - i.e. it was made with a blank slider and stamped afterwards (probably).

This phenomenon is not usually seen in genuinely manufactured cap badges in anodised aluminium with sliders where the marking appears to be applied during the manufacturing process.

All the best chaps

Bess

badjez 30-04-19 09:03 AM

Suffolk Regt anodised

I don't think there is anyone who believes these were an issue item. They did however appear in the Ordnance List of Change so at least a sealed pattern existed at one time.

Stephen.

Mike H 30-04-19 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badjez (Post 477143)
I don't think there is anyone who believes these were an issue item. They did however appear in the Ordnance List of Change so at least a sealed pattern existed at one time.

Stephen.

There was supposedly one in the old Suffolk's museum in Bury St Edmonds. Whether this is still open I don't know. Possibly all their items went to the new place at Duxford.