British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Infantry (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   RCR cap badge officers (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74428)

Tanker Mike 03-07-19 09:31 PM

RCR cap badge officers

3 Attachment(s)
Here is a nice find, a modern officers cloth cap badge, very nice detail.

Mike

Bill A 03-07-19 09:55 PM

I think these are still available from the RCR kit shops. They are made with different backing colours, eg sand, and iirc maroon.

regimentalrogue 04-07-19 11:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Available with dark green, dark blue, tan and maroon cloth backings.

Tanker Mike 04-07-19 05:52 PM

Is the tan for CANSOFCOM and maroon for jump platoon?

Mike

regimentalrogue 05-07-19 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tanker Mike (Post 482876)
Is the tan for CANSOFCOM and maroon for jump platoon?

Mike

Yes, tan for CANSOFCOM and maroon for the parachute companies in each of the Regular Force infantry light battalions (3RCR, 3PPCLI, 3R22eR) plus the airborne positions in designated Reserve infantry and training units. The deep blue matches the Regiment's coloured field service cap which is still produced and can be worn by officers in full dress as an alternative to the Wolseley helmet.

Dan M 06-07-19 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by regimentalrogue (Post 482933)
The deep blue matches the Regiment's coloured field service cap which is still produced and can be worn by officers in full dress as an alternative to the Wolseley helmet.

Mike,

During my, relatively short, time with the Regiment, I never ever saw an officer wearing such a cap. Was it introduced after 1980?

Cheers,
Dan.

Ian B 07-07-19 04:34 PM

RCR Wedge Cap

1 Attachment(s)
Good day Dan,

Not sure when the Wedge Cap was introduced. My copy of Regimental Standing Orders (1992 Revision) states:

"622. WEDGE CAPS

1. Regimental pattern wedge caps shall be worn with the regimental officers' mess dress (1982 pattern) and are optional with mess dress No. 2, former army mess dress 3.a, 3.b, and 3.c. They may also be worn by officers and CWOs in full dress on occasions when the Wolseley helmet is not required."

The attached photo shows the wedge cap in wear with full dress, for the change of command for 2RCR, June 1989. On the right is LCol Dennis O'Brien, the out going CO with LCol Greg Mitchell, the in coming CO. Apologies for the quality, it is a copy of a news paper photo.

Ian B

Dan M 07-07-19 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian B (Post 483152)
Good day Dan,

Not sure when the Wedge Cap was introduced. My copy of Regimental Standing Orders (1992 Revision) states:

"622. WEDGE CAPS

1. Regimental pattern wedge caps shall be worn with the regimental officers' mess dress (1982 pattern) and are optional with mess dress No. 2, former army mess dress 3.a, 3.b, and 3.c. They may also be worn by officers and CWOs in full dress on occasions when the Wolseley helmet is not required."

The attached photo shows the wedge cap in wear with full dress, for the change of command for 2RCR, June 1989. On the right is LCol Dennis O'Brien, the out going CO with LCol Greg Mitchell, the in coming CO. Apologies for the quality, it is a copy of a news paper photo.

Ian B

Thanks, Ian. A very becoming item of kit.

Dan.