British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Anodised Aluminium Badges (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   RASC GV1R ANODISED BADGE (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76497)

engr9266 21-12-19 11:42 AM

RASC GV1R ANODISED BADGE

2 Attachment(s)
I have received my Christmas present to myself, A RASC GV1R ANODISED cap badge but with it's slider missing. Would anyone like to take a guess at the maker of this badge?
Wishing all members of the forum a very Merry Christmas & Happy New year:)

Jerry

Luke H 21-12-19 11:51 AM

My money would be on Grove MFG B’ham.

Merry Christmas,

Luke

Mike H 21-12-19 12:04 PM

Jerry,everyone I've ever seen has had a blank slider. So you'll have a job discerning the maker.
I doubt whether it is a Grove,it would have a stub for the metal slide to attach to.

Luke H 21-12-19 12:35 PM

Mike, that’s interesting. Don’t collect AAs myself, so did Grove always use the early metal sliders? My guess was based on me having this style of RASC with the raised crown by Grove in GM - believe it’s still in the maker mark section. Cheers, Luke

grey_green_acorn 21-12-19 12:47 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are a couple of early QC EIIR RASC badges for comparison.

Tim

49lassiepen 21-12-19 01:09 PM

Un marked slider all/most k/c corps original anodised badges have unmarked sliders
N B the Irish k/c unmarked sliders are fake commissioned in the 1980 ,by a well known person
David

Mike H 21-12-19 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luke H (Post 495338)
Mike, that’s interesting. Don’t collect AAs myself, so did Grove always use the early metal sliders? My guess was based on me having this style of RASC with the raised crown by Grove in GM - believe it’s still in the maker mark section. Cheers, Luke

All the anodised Grove badges I've seen Luke have the same basic rear construction. A small tab of aluminium crimped to hold the slotted slider into place.
The only other a/a badge I recall with a similar construction is the a/a 12th Lancers. These were made by HW Timings .

oc14 22-12-19 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by engr9266 (Post 495327)
I have received my Christmas present to myself, A RASC GV1R ANODISED cap badge but with it's slider missing. Would anyone like to take a guess at the maker of this badge?

Jerry

Jerry

I've heard that the seller of that particular badge is a really nice chap !

PL

CAM 22-12-19 04:46 PM

Nice present Jerry,

perhaps you could re-gift it on to me next season!

Chris

Quote:

Originally Posted by engr9266 (Post 495327)

Jerry

engr9266 22-12-19 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oc14 (Post 495439)
Jerry

I've heard that the seller of that particular badge is a really nice chap !

PL

I'm not sure, I have heard he is a bit dodgy (well a lot really) :eek: :D
Cheers Paul
I did have another Forum member bidding against me and pushed the price up so now the family will have to go without their Chrissy presents but I got mine.:p

Jerry

hagwalther 22-12-19 08:52 PM

I heard all these KC RASC A/A badges were fakes.

Well the one I had most certainly was.

Oh, and the slider fell off the one I had after about two minutes which makes sense as it looked like it was made the week before and we all know how hard it is to attach A/A together.

Mine cost a single pound.

Regards,

Chris

Fatboy Ken 22-12-19 09:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I've already had a chat with Jez,

And yes, i was the one who pushed the price up, not intentionally i might add.

Anyways, here are my RASC Annodised Aluminium badges, note i have 2 x RASC (GviR) AA
1 with slider
1 without

FBK

William 23-12-19 04:19 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Dear Jerry and All,

Thanks for sharing yr Christmas present.

Here's a couple of images for comparison.

Merry Christmas and awra best.

William

Mike_2817 23-12-19 07:55 PM

For many years all I had was a KC RAOC anodised badge without slider which had been superglued to a piece of red card, and I still have it somewhere. Then I found a very good example with a bent over 'shepherds croak' slider, and am still looking for a standard fix slider and a very elusive 1947 'Wide Tonanti' anodised badge of which a few examples have surfaced, but not near me :mad:

On the button front I am looking for RAOC 1947 pattern anodised buttons (with Corps title around the edge) the small example is I believe still a 1918 pattern with plain aluminium backing?

William 23-12-19 08:29 PM

Pics, please, Mike?

Thanks! :):):)