British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Infantry (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Cape Breton Highlanders... (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8388)

Bill A 25-11-09 09:56 PM

Cape Breton Highlanders...

2 Attachment(s)
The Cape Breton Highlanders badge is one of the more attractive Canadian cap badges in my opinion. It seems to come in several finishes. Opinions on this example?

boots and saddles 26-11-09 01:07 AM

Yes Bill & the latter one is even nicer a nicer mapleleaf, although I don't collect that era.

Adam H 26-11-09 12:22 PM

Bill,

I don't see anything that would put me off buying it, personally. Looks like a nice one. They do seem to come in a few varieties as you point out, perhaps different orders from differing manufacturers? I have little clue as to who made what or when, however.

Adam

LLWill 26-11-09 03:45 PM

Same Badge - but no Overlay

Good-day Bill
I have (what looks to be) the same badge but it does not have the silver overlay. Was there an officers and Or's for this badge

Dwayne H 26-11-09 04:23 PM

Earlier version

This is the earlier version with the buckled annulus.....a harder version to find. There were some nice officer's collars recently on Ebay.

Dwayne

bgpipes 26-11-09 04:36 PM

Cape Breton Highlanders

:cool: The "buckled" badge that I have has "Canada" inscribed between the annulus and the crown. I dont see that on this example. I believe that "Canada" was removed along with the buckle. I have a copy of both styles in my collection,along with 4 different metal finishes.

Recce 26-11-09 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bgpipes (Post 52853)
:cool: The "buckled" badge that I have has "Canada" inscribed between the annulus and the crown. I dont see that on this example. I believe that "Canada" was removed along with the buckle. I have a copy of both styles in my collection,along with 4 different metal finishes.

Mr Bill I have know Clue of this Badge and Many others for that fact!;)

For some reason I like Badges with Multiple Metals, I see the great detail,
Craftsmanship of the Badge. Would be interesting to see other versions of this badge??

Mr I Got BG Pipes,:D Can you provide pictures of your Badge with the Canada, Front and back. Or with the 4 Different Metal finishes,
And if the back has the makers Stamp, would be great to see.

Bill A 26-11-09 06:14 PM

Thanks for the opinions. What struck me was the chrome overlay. I was thinking it should be silver or frosted silver. Dwayne, if I interpret your post correctly, you believe this is an officer's badge?

Dwayne H 26-11-09 11:04 PM

Officer's badge

Sorry Bill

My inclusion of the collars statement was not meant to suggest that ths was an officer's badge. I think that it is an OR's. The officer;s badges that I've seen have a silver overlay.

Dwayne

Drummer1 30-03-11 03:34 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Any thought Gents?

DavidS 30-03-11 04:18 AM

I don't like either of them on the basis that the buckled annulus is on the overlay only, and not on the base. There was another thread on this, and Citadel Coins in Halifax told me the non-buckled annulus base/buckled annulus overlay badges were a cobble and not legit.

RQMS CBH 28-03-12 11:27 PM

Good evening all, I have sent Bill photos of 2 original / authentic CBH Badges with the buckled annulus. I was having problems posting attachments so hopefully Bill can post for me. The photos above do not appear to be original as they have lugs and the authentic ones that I have seen, including my own (3 in total, have sliders)