British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Topics. (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Where did my post go?? (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80010)

3dg 28-07-20 12:40 PM

Where did my post go??

I posted a few hours ago to ask if the site owner of Regimentalbadges.co.uk was a forum member, but it's disappeared without explanation?
May I ask why?

Chris

Holyboy 28-07-20 12:47 PM

Intriguing why were you asking by the way please?

Luke H 28-07-20 12:51 PM

Steven Bosley is not a forum member so far as I’m aware.

mike_vee 28-07-20 01:04 PM

I could understand why your 2 other posts were removed as they were confusing but not why one asking if a website owner was a forum member would be 'moderated'. :confused:

There have been numerous posts pointing out 'dubious' sites/sellers which were appreciated by forum members.

3dg 28-07-20 01:14 PM

Sorry, I should have been more clear.
I've tried contacting the seller through the website to no avail.
I was just wondering if he was a member to contact him through this site, that's all, nothing bad.
Sorry if I caused upset
Chris

Wooffy 28-07-20 01:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Given that it was essentially 4 posts... two by Chris and two by me, I have to say I am slightly perplexed by this one too.

Fortuitously(?) I have it open on another screen, so I can see that the link would be this: https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/fo...615#post517615

....and I attach an image of the 4 posts in the conversation.

Although I note that we are now talking about regimentalbadges.co.uk - which wasn't the original thread. (Also to add I think you mean:
https://www.regimentalbadges.com/ not .co.uk)

3dg 28-07-20 01:33 PM

I wish I hadn't asked.
I got the name of the site wrong first, and the question just required a yes or no answer, or even someone asking why.
I then got the one response which said something like self deleted, I then responded by correcting my post, then it was taken off, with no PM or anything explaining why.
Yes, my post wasn't very informative, why it annoys and gets people's backs up.is beyond me, why someone couldn't put a polite reply saying, can you be more informative or whatever.
Sorry to all

Chris

3dg 28-07-20 01:34 PM

And thank you Wooffy for putting me on the right track

Alan O 28-07-20 02:56 PM

It went to the 'everything else' section rather than the British badges section. When a post is moved it should leave a re-directed thread. I don't normally PM people as so many are moved that it would create a lot more work.

Khyber 28-07-20 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3dg (Post 517625)
Sorry, I should have been more clear.
I've tried contacting the seller through the website to no avail.
I was just wondering if he was a member to contact him through this site, that's all, nothing bad.
Sorry if I caused upset
Chris

As many members here will have experienced Bosleys is not easy to deal with. I've had the same problem with them earlier. They seem to think they do you a great favour by condescending to reply and I've never found them to be helpful on the couple of ocassions that I've dealt with them . So I don't EVER buy anything from them. I'm from India and have been buying badges and medals from the UK for 10 years and he is the only dealer with whom I've had problems...do a search on the forum .you'll find others have had the same experience and many collectors I know never deal with him.

lifeochil 28-07-20 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3dg (Post 517629)
I wish I hadn't asked.
I got the name of the site wrong first, and the question just required a yes or no answer, or even someone asking why.
I then got the one response which said something like self deleted, I then responded by correcting my post, then it was taken off, with no PM or anything explaining why.
Yes, my post wasn't very informative, why it annoys and gets people's backs up.is beyond me, why someone couldn't put a polite reply saying, can you be more informative or whatever.
Sorry to all

Chris

No need to apologise, you've done nothing wrong.

3dg 28-07-20 05:53 PM

Thank you all.
And I didn't get a notification, but no worries, I understand AlanO.
I'll try and ring them tomorrow, and see if I get any joy.
Take care everyone

Chris

Luke H 28-07-20 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3dg (Post 517629)
I wish I hadn't asked.
Sorry to all

Chris

Can’t see anyone annoyed in this thread with the question or anything else.

In furtherance to my post I would agree with Khyber. Their customer service quite often stinks but other times is OK it just depends if you catch them on a good day or not.

Keith Blakeman 28-07-20 06:15 PM

The only problem I've ever had with Bosleys is the speed of their deliveries via Mailboxes and they were soon sorted, polite and apologetic. Their prices are at a premium on the various websites and the add-on fees buying through auctions are crippling but they're not alone there.

3dg 28-07-20 07:29 PM

Thank you all.
Ive always had good customer service with badge dealers, first one I've had nil comms with when trying to email them, odd way to run a business.
Anyway, I'll try and phone them and see if they answer.
Cheers

Chris