British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Headdress (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Royal Northumberland Fusiliers cap (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51870)

Tigerlily 29-02-16 02:24 PM

Royal Northumberland Fusiliers cap

4 Attachment(s)
My latest cap find worn by Captain R. Mullens of the 6th City Battalion The Royal Northumberland Fusiliers formally of 43rd (6th (City) Battalion, The Royal Northumberland Fusiliers) Royal Tank Regiment.

Alli :)

Jelly Terror 29-02-16 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tigerlily (Post 347939)
My latest cap find worn by Captain R. Mullens of the 6th City Battalion The Royal Northumberland Fusiliers formally of 43rd (6th (City) Battalion, The Royal Northumberland Fusiliers) Royal Tank Regiment.

Alli :)

Nice addition, Lil. You really should start giving the modelling staff a bit more grub though.

Roy 29-02-16 02:59 PM

Well done Alli,

I can see your collection and album are growing nicely..:)

Thanks for sharing and keep up the good work.

Cheers, Roy.

Tigerlily 29-02-16 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jelly Terror (Post 347950)
Nice addition, Lil. You really should start giving the modelling staff a bit more grub though.

Thanks m'dear, I spend his ration money on caps.

Tigerlily 29-02-16 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roy (Post 347951)
Well done Alli,

I can see your collection and album are growing nicely..:)

Thanks for sharing and keep up the good work.

Cheers, Roy.

Thank you Roy :)

grenadierguardsman 29-02-16 05:37 PM

I see your modelling it !
Andy:p

Tigerlily 29-02-16 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grenadierguardsman (Post 347981)
I see your modelling it !
Andy:p

Yep me and my killer cheekbones :D

ARTY 29-02-16 07:18 PM

very nice

David Tremain 29-02-16 08:51 PM

Very nice find, and in good condition too. You're starting to get a fine collection, Alli.

David

Tigerlily 29-02-16 08:57 PM

Thanks David, I have them all on display on the top of my bookshelves, they look great. I love them :)

Alli

David Tremain 01-03-16 12:08 AM

That's where I have mine, which I think you've seen in the photograph(s) I posted a while back. That's until one of the cats gets up there and knock them down. yesterday I found my RMP cap on the floor, minus its badge, which was elsewhere. Sliders just don't hold badges in place if you have cats around.

David

Tigerlily 01-03-16 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Tremain (Post 348080)
That's where I have mine, which I think you've seen in the photograph(s) I posted a while back. That's until one of the cats gets up there and knock them down. yesterday I found my RMP cap on the floor, minus its badge, which was elsewhere. Sliders just don't hold badges in place if you have cats around.

David

Bad cat! I was going to say that's where I have the advantage with my dogs but the puppy is a nightmare with badges. I lie on the floor to take photographs and she just helps herself. She seems to have a penchant for Guards. Just like her owner. If she's not stealing badges, she's trying to chew my hand or sleep in the light cube.
Yes I have seen the photos of your lovely study. It's great. I must add pics of my caps in situ at some point. My bookshelves aren't as tidy as yours, and there's a Coldstream Guards tunic hanging off of one of them as well, I put it there while I was deciding what to do with it and now it just lives there. Adds a bit of extra character :)

JerryBB 01-03-16 09:20 AM

A lovely cap Ali, very nice find. Love the metal and bullion insignia and bi metal buttons.

Can you see who the maker is, the logo looks a bit like a Herbert Johnson but is not clear in the pix but perhaps in the hand it is clearer.

Tigerlily 01-03-16 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBBOND (Post 348108)
A lovely cap Ali, very nice find. Love the metal and bullion insignia and bi metal buttons.

Can you see who the maker is, the logo looks a bit like a Herbert Johnson but is not clear in the pix but perhaps in the hand it is clearer.

Hi Jerry, was hoping you'd see this thread :)
Yes it's Herbert Johnson.
The cap is lined with a newspaper dated 1962 which is quite nice. I'll leave it as is rather than remove it.
Its a lovely cap, I'm really pleased with it. The gosling green trim is a nice touch.

JerryBB 01-03-16 10:33 AM

Nice when you get that personal addition such as a newspaper inside them I have one to the Shropshire Yeomanry which had been padded inside the sweatband to make it slightly smaller. I also have a 1950's Belgian medical officers cap which has been padded with the plan for a military display of some kind.