British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Topics. (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   some down time (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88152)

Mike 20-01-22 10:33 AM

some down time

some down time coming up chaps as we will be moving the forum to a new home. not sure exactly when.

Milmed 20-01-22 11:12 AM

Thanks for the update Mike

Mike 22-01-22 03:17 PM

Well that didn't go too well.

Yes we've lost some data - anything posted on friday is gone forever!
I hope you can remember what you posted so you can do it again. I can't even remember what I had for breakfast. :p

Mike 22-01-22 03:24 PM

Everything was running sweet after the move then I noticed someone on here mentioned those weird unicode characters instead of punctuation in some posts. I asked the tecs about that, and for some reason we ended up with a database overwrite and no restore point to get us back to where we were - just the original copy from the old server which is what we have now which is Thursday or something.

They have apologised.

jeep 22-01-22 04:03 PM

Mike. Well done! I think you are doing a terrific job for us all, and as Donald Rumsfelt one said "stuff happens"!

Luke H 22-01-22 04:12 PM

Thanks for all your hard work on this Mike!

Sunray9 22-01-22 04:21 PM

The Good News is You're Back ..... 'Yippity Do Dah' !!

grenadierguardsman 22-01-22 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike (Post 570546)
Everything was running sweet after the move then I noticed someone on here mentioned those weird unicode characters instead of punctuation in some posts. I asked the tecs about that, and for some reason we ended up with a database overwrite and no restore point to get us back to where we were - just the original copy from the old server which is what we have now which is Thursday or something.

They have apologised.

Thanks for all your hard work Mike.
Andy

wardog 22-01-22 04:52 PM

Thanks Mike. You setting up the forum deserves our thanks every so often-what would we do without it?:eek:

Charliedog012012 22-01-22 05:27 PM

I agree. Thank you for all of your hard work in keeping the forum up and running. It was like losing an old friend when you were carrying out necessary maintenance. The forum is not only a mine of useful information bur also a real pleasure to visit.
Thank you
James

cavalryman 22-01-22 05:38 PM

Mike, just adding my thanks too, great site.

3dg 22-01-22 08:17 PM

Agreed with all of the above, many thanks.
Chris

grey_green_acorn 22-01-22 08:29 PM

Mike,
Thank you for providing and maintaining this excellent site. Apologies as it was me who spotted the Unicode characters!

Tim

Luke H 22-01-22 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grey_green_acorn (Post 570589)
Mike,
Thank you for providing and maintaining this excellent site. Apologies as it was me who spotted the Unicode characters!

Tim

€âusing troub^le âgâin Tim^!^ ;)