British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Infantry (& Guards) Badges (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Eureka (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79530)

Luke H 30-06-20 12:24 PM

Eureka

2 Attachment(s)
Perhaps not quite my holy grail but certainly a badge that has been high on my top 10 wants list for over a decade.

I admit to getting very excited and shaking as I clicked through the Buy It Now process on eBay with the wife’s commentary to my reaction including the sentence ‘you absolute loser’.

For me it’s probably the nicest and best condition Lambourne made Leinster 1916 all GM economy I’ve seen.

MarkGD 30-06-20 12:56 PM

Nicely done Luke, i also hope that a few of my 'wants' may appear this year, i get a feeling that some 'badges' recently seen for sale, are seeing their first outing in a number of years! Good Hunting - Regards Mark

High Wood 30-06-20 12:58 PM

Well done, a very nice find.

(Your wife's reaction could have been a lot worse with the substitution of the first letter of the noun and the duplication of one of its consonants). They just don't get it do they?

gb64 30-06-20 01:13 PM

Very nice Luke, great find, I’ve an unmarked Economy Leinster’s but a maker mark would please me more , my wife has a few words to say about me and my collecting of cap badges :eek::eek::eek::D

Gerard

irishhorse 30-06-20 01:13 PM

Now that is nice, always liked badges to this regiment. Well done Luke.

manchesters 30-06-20 01:25 PM

Not bad for a tenner:D

KLR 30-06-20 02:27 PM

I know the feeling - I've just seen a KLR badge which I have never seen, or heard of, before (but I know where it fits the chronology) - now I just need to acquire it somehow!

leigh kitchen 30-06-20 02:44 PM

No chance you've accidentally bought a duplicate of one you forgot you had and you need to pass it on at say, 50% profit?

Holyboy 30-06-20 02:52 PM

Well done!

Luke H 30-06-20 04:52 PM

Many thanks everyone! Still pinching myself.

Sadly no duplicate Leigh but it cost a darn sight more than a tenner. Applying that 50% profit margin it would only just come in under three figures.

leigh kitchen 30-06-20 04:59 PM

B****r - I took that £10 to be gen. Oh well, well done - though it would've been better at £10.

Where did you find a wife who's prepared to merely sit by and verbally abuse you while you buy militaria on line rather than fight you for control of the phone/iPad/keyboard?

Or is that just her distraction technique while she runs to turn the wi-fi off?

CAM 30-06-20 05:47 PM

Great find Luke.

Chris

Chipper 30-06-20 05:50 PM

Fantastic news Luke. A badge I have searched for as well, but with a tad less luck. Really pleased you both found it, and got it.

Cheers, Tim

Luke H 30-06-20 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leigh kitchen (Post 514663)
B****r - I took that £10 to be gen. Oh well, well done - though it would've been better at £10.

Where did you find a wife who's prepared to merely sit by and verbally abuse you while you buy militaria on line rather than fight you for control of the phone/iPad/keyboard?

Or is that just her distraction technique while she runs to turn the wi-fi off?

Thankfully she was holding the baby at the time which prevented more ‘robust’ intervention and reaction!!!

Fatherofthree 01-07-20 12:02 AM

Just goes to show what goodies are lurking on ebay and there to be found still.

Enjoy the moment and don't let the boss know how much you paid.

Regards.

Brian