British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Foreign Badges and Insignia (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Former Jugoslavia insignia (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73344)

GTB 21-04-19 11:14 AM

Former Jugoslavia insignia

1 Attachment(s)
Some of my Former Jugoslavia items.

Arm of service/collar insignia.
The lower grey badge is an nco/off field cap badge (has central red star missing)

GTB

GTB 21-04-19 11:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Former Yugoslavia insignia.2

GTB

leigh kitchen 21-04-19 12:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have a number of similar insignia, including your one with the missing star - I think the star's missing from mine too.
I have a few orders and medals, about a dozen "Yugo" helmets and quite a few caps, a respirator or two, some packs, map cases, entrenching tool, pair of boots, a variety of odds and ends.
I did have a few AK bayonets I was given but I was foolish enough to put them in a MFO box shipped by the British military (although I wasn't military) and they were confiscated en route as "contraband" along with Turkish antique yatagan bladed sword with remnants of gold inlay on the blade.
If only I'd put them in the hold luggage on my flight from Sarajevo.......
What looks like a WWI German steel helmet in this photo is in fact a WWI Serbian one, having two small holes at the front to enable a stamped copper Serbian eagle badge to be mounted on it. Badge and other fittings are now sadly long gone from this shell.

GTB 21-04-19 02:06 PM

Thanks for your post. That's a part of what the forum is all about - getting members to reminisce over their collectables.

Incidentally, re the army badge with missing star: I have one as a fob chain. I believe it has letters JNA on the fface. Problem is that I can't find it anywhere. Will reappear eventually, and I'll post when it does

GTB

GTB 21-04-19 02:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Found the fob, but with different badge. JNA (Jugoslav National Army)

GTB

GTB 21-04-19 03:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Former Jugoslavia insignia.3 (Air Force)

GTB

leigh kitchen 21-04-19 04:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by GTB (Post 476117)
Some of my Former Jugoslavia items.

Arm of service/collar insignia.
The lower grey badge is an nco/off field cap badge (has central red star missing)

GTB

A "forage cap" star with what I think is the field cap star you're showing - star detached from its backing.

leigh kitchen 21-04-19 04:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by GTB (Post 476131)
Found the fob, but with different badge. JNA (Jugoslav National Army)

GTB

A bit of a fob I have "Reserve Military Officers Association of Yugoslavia"

GTB 21-04-19 06:09 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Thanks for sharing. Sorry to hear of your edged weapons loss.

A few more Jugoslav AF bits. I am unsure if the round pin badge is JAF, but it was among them. Also a nice gilt tie clasp

GTB

fearnaught 22-04-19 01:16 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Hi, here are my stars, the rest are various tank insignia. They changed the tank design sometime before 1974, anyone know when? It was kept on by the Serbian army, the other photos. According to Otto von Pivka the hammer and sickle badges were for Tito's Guard and Proletarian Units, make what you will of that. The large star for officers, medium NCOs, small privates,best wishes Mike

leigh kitchen 22-04-19 01:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by fearnaught (Post 476244)
Hi, here are my stars, the rest are various tank insignia. They changed the tank design sometime before 1974, anyone know when? It was kept on by the Serbian army, the other photos. According to Otto von Pivka the hammer and sickle badges were for Tito's Guard and Proletarian Units, make what you will of that. The large star for officers, medium NCOs, small privates,best wishes Mike

My old landlord back in 1999/2000 (in his 60's back then) gave me his old cap badge, (small size star) telling me that it had the hammer and sickle as he was in a Guard tank unit.

fearnaught 22-04-19 04:38 PM

Hi Leigh, I prefer your story, makes mine more tanky!!!! thanks and best wishes Mike

fearnaught 22-04-19 04:48 PM

Hi Gard, any chance of seeing the backing screws for your army collars? mine are a mixture of typically soviet aluminium and brass Ikom, Zagreb made screws, best wishes Mike.

leigh kitchen 22-04-19 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fearnaught (Post 476244)

The winged "U" with tank above - the design of "U" reminds me of the Ustasa insignia, do you know if they're fantasy items, or perhaps some of the insignia produced during the upsurge in Ustasa inspired insignia amongst some Croat forces during the 1990's?
The small sword upright within circular wreath is Border Guard, but I would imagine you already know that.

leigh kitchen 22-04-19 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fearnaught (Post 476274)
Hi Gard, any chance of seeing the backing screws for your army collars? mine are a mixture of typically soviet aluminium and brass Ikom, Zagreb made screws, best wishes Mike.

Are you interested in all collar badge "spinners" or just the tankie ones? I have a few different ones although only infantry ones attached to tunics, I think.